lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2016, 05:31 PM   #51
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Who will be first on the forum to get the new 2017 drive with IRS?

Probaly governed to 10-12 mph
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #52
T-Hard
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=OgreTX;1320372]Played golf today at a small course in Central Texas (Blue Lake golf course). They had a new group of 2017 Yamahas ... SWEET!

They are very quiet and very nice, but they seemed to be underpowered. I'm sure the course has them tuned down a little to keep idiots from doing dumb things, and probably to make them last longer. They really are quiet, and capable of significant hills.

I would have to agree on this mine is very slow. I had 3 people on it today and thought I was going to have to Fred Flinstone it to get up the hills.
T-Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 07:50 AM   #53
AFBob
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I just purchased the 2017 Yamaha Drive 2 Gas PTV but I have no idea if it has IRS. I just got it yesterday so I plan on washing it and waxing it today and will take some pictures. I traded in my 2012 Yamaha Gas Drive model for this new one. It's very quiet. The new one came with 20.5 X 8 (205/65-10) tires so the cart if higher off the ground than my 2012.
AFBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:44 PM   #54
Captaintv
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Finally stopped my local Yamaha dealer and drove the new Drive2!
Very quiet and smooth! Throttle response was very good i thought.

I live about 30 miles from Madjax headquarters. I was picking up some new tires and rims i ordered from Madjax.
The golf cart manger said Madjax told him they would have a new lift kit and back seat compatable with the Drive2 within the next month or two.
R & D engineers were finishing up the final setup before mass production.

Figured i would pass this info along.
Captaintv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 01:57 PM   #55
crh97
Not Yet Wild

I've had my new 2017 for about 2 weeks now. My shop isn't satisfied with a lift kit at the present so I will wait on that. There is also no dash storage available yet either. He tells me they will come. I have about 8 hours on the first tank of fuel. I'm getting a little more exhaust smell than I like but I've got a friend who told me that it will go away after a tank or 2 of fuel. Factory setting is 20MPH and I'm going to turn that up some. I got rid of a 2013 yamaha electric. The ride is day and night. Glad to be rid of the battery heartaches of 7 months away from my cart at my Florida home
crh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #56
crh97
Not Yet Wild

I've got about 15 hours on it now. The odor is all but gone with the 2nd tank of fuel. I am hearing a intermittent harmonic vibration at 16 mph. Yamaha rep rode with me this past week. It's evidently a known issue. I'm sure they will fix it but as of now it's still there. Has anybody else had this issue?
crh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:46 AM   #57
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bump, I picked up a used 2017 efi drive 2... with 23” tires I am hitting 29 mph with me on it. I don’t know if the gov has been messed with but this thing is so quiet and very smooth. I’m gona start my own thread.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha