lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #11
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: G1 issues yet again

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
Not yet. It's just odd that it will take off at full throttle and run for a while like that then bog down and then take off again.
Sounds like it could be some kind of debris in the tank. Engine runs, suction from the fuel pump drags what ever it is up to the pick up tube - which cuts off the fuel flow. The engine dies so the fuel pump suction goes away and the debris drops off the pickup. As the engine cranks it can flow fuel again till the debris gets sucked up again and the cycle continues.
I think when it dies down it may not actually be running but rather turning over on the starter.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2016, 09:14 PM   #12
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That makes sense. Does the starter play any role in keeping it going?
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:53 PM   #13
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

On a stock type system the starter is powered all the time that the accelerator is pushed. The starter begins turning the engine over (maybe 150-200 rpm) under the starter's power - while drawing current from the battery to do it. As the engine catches and runs the engine's rpms get far faster than the speed that the starter turns under it's own power and begins to charge power back into the battery as it spins faster. That's how the unit comes to be known as a "starter / generator". The one unit performs both functions.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:35 AM   #14
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Gotcha. I was just wondering if the slack on the starter belt would cause it to slip and shut it off.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:50 AM   #15
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not really. The starter would spin, as long as the pedal is pushed, even if there was no belt. When the starter generator belt get too loose it won't turn the engine over. The starter would spin, the belt would slip, but the engine would not turn.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:30 AM   #16
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Supposed to be rainy all day here. When I get a chance I'll check the fuel line and pour out the gas, strain it and wash out the tank to see if there's any debris in there.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #17
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So could it be slipping enough to not get the engine up to running speed? Or slip enough to cause it to stop?
Old 11-07-2016, 12:59 PM   #18
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No once your motor is running the starter generator has nothing to do with motor it only charges the battery if there is enough tension on it to turn the motor over its not going to slip when the motors running
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:14 PM   #19
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok so I took the gas tank off and it ran a bit (cart was jacked up off the ground) due to the gas that was in the carb/lines already. I'm really surprised at how long it ran with what little gas was in the carb/lines, these things must REALLY sip gas. Anyways same thing. It will go a little and at WOT just flat out die. If I let off and feathered it a bit it would start back up then die once I gave it more throttle. The filter is one of those clear ones and when I give it gas I can barely see it trickle in. Could it be the fuel pump not giving it enough gas? What's it supposed to look like? Should the filter be full of gas? I wanted to add that I have already replaced the crank case seals.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #20
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Filter won't be full of gas pull the line off the carb and press the asseletator down so starter is turning motor over you should have a decent flow up fuel coming out the line if you do your needle seat and float are suspect if you don't check all fuel likes including line that goes from the pump to crankcase and the fuel pickup tube in the tank
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha