lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #1
relink
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 Club Car dies suddenly

When driving the my cart it sometimes stops for no reason. I Try restarting it and nothing happens - doesn't roll over - nothing. When I move the shifting lever to reverse and then back to forward it starts up again. Is there a switch or relay in the shifting mechanism that can fail or get hot that will cause this? Or am I chasing something else?
relink is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
scrambler4
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 94 Club Car dies suddenly

I just had the same problem on my 94ds the starter generator wasn't charging the battery because the voltage regulator was bad. My cart would suddenly die sounds similar to your problems

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
scrambler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #3
junctioncitysd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes there are switches that your shifter operates that can fail. Look where the shifter linkage goes under seat. There are also switches where the foot pedal cable goes under the seat area. It may be the second ones i described but can be either I believe.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
junctioncitysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Sounds like your neutral lockout micro switch on the back side of the shifter handle (under the seat) is either malfunctioning, or something in the shifter assembly is just loose and the switch is getting tripped by the little plastic yellow shifter cam. If you think the switch is bad, try bypassing it by connecting the white and green wires coming out of it together.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #5
relink
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the ideas. I will start there.

Troubleshooting it is difficult because it happens infrequently and I usually am no where near any tools or a meter to diagnose.
relink is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car