lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
luvdamud
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default G11 build

Picked up a G11 for a family member several years ago and always thought it would be a very cool project cart with its factory extended frame and aluminum dump bed. Well, fast forward a few years and I ended up with the cart (not running and frame rusted out on one side). I'm in the process of rebuilding it now but have already completed installing a VC460 clone, 6" jakes lift, 23" tires. One of the things I didn't like about the cart was because the bed was so long, they built it with the seat really close to the steering wheel. I unbolted the steering box and shimmed it up away from the seat and moved the seat back 3.5" and shortened the bed by 3.5" as well.

With the larger seat area, I installed seats out of a Polaris Rzr 1000 and an aftermarket steering wheel. Since the entire body was shot, we are making a new body for the rear out of diamond plate and I found a used G16 front end on ebay for $200 that looks good on the cart and will be perfect once it is painted. Last Friday, we installed the actuator for the electric lift for the dump bed so now that huge aluminum bed is actually a power dump bed. I don't know how often I will use it but I thought it was pretty cool.

I will post some pictures soon. I always forget to take them when I start so anything I post would only have the build after we had made some progress. Anyway, sorry to ramble but I would love to see more built G11 carts out there.
luvdamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
luvdamud
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G11 build

a couple of pics. Unfortunately I didn't take a single pic of the whole cart before I started :-(

This is how the engine bay and front plastic looked when i started the clean up and tear down.

The pressure washer did wonders for the filthy engine bay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170221_093407.jpg (206.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170315_200336.jpg (115.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170315_200715.jpg (278.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-23-2017, 10:19 AM   #3
luvdamud
Getting Wild
Yamaha

After pulling the old engine and some frame repair and engine bay clean up, I installed the new VC460. Even though it was a kit, it took WAY longer than it should have. I was an idiot and kept the skidplate on and in hindsight, I should have pulled it and installed and lined up the engine, it would have went way faster. I have to say, Vegas Carts was great, everything worked as advertised. My only feedback would be the arm for the gas pedal cable. After grinding the hump out of it to get the provided cable clamp to lay flat, it is really thin now. VC should update that design.

It seemed this build was really fighting me for some reason but it is finally moving along. Here is a pic of the new seat frame getting ready for the Rzr seat install. I put UMHW on the bottom of the seat frame to cover the engine and fuel tank. The Rzr seats look sharp and are extremely comfortable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170524_183117.jpg (113.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170524_225713.jpg (155.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170601_204746.jpg (200.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #4
luvdamud
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Here are a few pics with the front plastic and bed on. Since we moved the seats back 3.5" we had to shorten the bed. we cut the side rails and put the bottom of the bed in a brake and bent the excess into a 90 degree lip. It looks cool, just like a flatbed you would see on a truck now. I will get some other pictures of that after I install my running lights and reverse light. Even though there is no rear body, it is finally starting to take shape.

I welcome any feed back or suggestions. I know that build threads suck with no pics so I want to keep adding them to this one.

Long live the G11 !!!
Thanks,
Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170612_200713.jpg (97.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-05-2017, 01:14 PM   #5
dpclarke5
Not Yet Wild

I have a G11 Project as well, hard to find info on it. Closer to G14 or G9. Can't even figure out a led light package for it.
dpclarke5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

G11 very similar to G14-G16-G19-G22 (but don't buy any suspension/steering from G22 for yours). Not much at all in common with G9.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:50 PM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Neat project, great pics
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha