lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #1
quickbiscuit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default How to replace faulty resistor and where to buy?

2009 EZ-GO MPT1000 48v PDS

Cart won't go, and solenoid is not clicking. Total pack voltage 50.0 and showing same at battery side of solenoid.

Resistor shows faulty (reading 11.35) using the test in the diagnostics sticky.

Is this definitely my problem?

Is the resistor separate from the solenoid, and where do I get the proper part(s) to fix my cart?

Thank you!!
quickbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2017, 12:05 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: How to replace faulty resistor and where to buy?

I posted in your other thread and you really need to stick to one but here goes. As it is a 48 volt cart it is a Sepex but really doesn't fall into the PDS diagnostics. They are different controllers. Your cart may or may not need the resistor and it is not required anyway. When it is in place it just keeps the solenoid contacts from spiking. Did you have a reverse buzzer and does it still work ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #3
quickbiscuit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Never had a reverse buzzer.

Can someone please give me an answer with what I need to replace? Will a new solenoid fix the problem? I'm still not clear on what the resistor is and if it is a part of the solenoid or a separate piece. I need to get this cart working again for use on my farm.
quickbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Again your cart may not use a resistor. You can try putting a volt meter on the 2 small posts of the solenoid and with the cart in F, key on and pedal pushed do you get 48 volts? If yes, with the volt meter - on pack - put the + lead on the controller side of the solenoid and see if you get 48 there with the same conditions. If yes we need to know what controller you have to proceed. If no to the first test you have an activation circuit issue. If yes to the first and no to the second, bad solenoid. Flip the run tow switch to tow before messing with the wiring.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO