lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2017, 01:14 PM   #1
THECLUB
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default newbie, input shaft

pulled out old input shaft out my moms ezgo cart to inspect for rear end noise and it all looked good.. tried to re-install and could not get it to go in after a few hard tap it was jammed up and when I tried to pull it back out I messed up the teeth. so now I need to order a new one and don't want to do the same thing to it.... any tricks are something I should know when re-installing ???
THECLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: newbie, input shaft help

It might be helpful to post what make, model and year cart it is. Many EZGOs had a Dana rear end (if what I read online is true) but that means not all did. There may be a trick to help but without more info it'll be hard to discuss it.

Personally, I know of no such tricks for any golf cart rear diff. I'm just passing along the normal questions people reply with. Good luck.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:41 PM   #3
THECLUB
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
It might be helpful to post what make, model and year cart it is. Many EZGOs had a Dana rear end (if what I read online is true) but that means not all did. There may be a trick to help but without more info it'll be hard to discuss it.

Personally, I know of no such tricks for any golf cart rear diff. I'm just passing along the normal questions people reply with. Good luck.
thanks for your reply.. she got the cart from a dealer that rebuilds them. I looked for tagged showing the year and no luck.. I think its in the 1990 -2005 range.. it had the F&R switch on the dash. 36v electric. The one below is the same as she has.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo.jpg (8.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Try this:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DANA AXLE, 1988-95, 28148G01.pdf (3.93 MB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:04 PM   #5
THECLUB
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Try this:
Thanks. From reading that it should slide in easy. Definitely didn't for me. Hopefully the new one will. 100 bucks down the tube because of my error!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO