lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2017, 09:29 PM   #1
jetboatjosh
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default G1 is now home, it's worse than i thought

I picked up my G1 today. I owned it about ten years ago and had to sell it. The guy i sold it to said he needed to get rid of it and that he would just give it back to me Well i have not seen it in a few years and asked him what was wrong with it. He told me it had an electrical issue, so i said heck yea i'll take it. Well here it is.20171029_164819.jpg. Its been hacked and custom lifted and half of the body is gone. Its also missing the exhaust I have a lot of work to do and will need your helpful advise.
jetboatjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 is now home, it's worse than i thought

I am actually kinda diggin' the "stitches" on the front cowl. Definitely has a nice Frankenstein look for Halloween.

Glad you saved her. I hate seeing old carts being put to sleep.
Lochlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

hell yea looks cool. Just go through all the electrical connectors and clean with contact cleaner. Check all cable ends from solenoids to starter/gen to battery. these ends get corroded and cause all kinds of issues.

heres a service manual in PDF. I took all the battery power version of the cart out and had office depot print out the gas pages. like $24
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:22 PM   #4
jetboatjosh
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The stitches are the first thing my wife noticed too lol. The carb and electrical are the first on the list.. I don't want it to suck anything in when trying to start it. I found a cart dealer around here that has a used muffler for $150, is that a good deal or does anyone know where I could get one cheaper?
Old 10-30-2017, 06:48 PM   #5
BigInchCC
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboatjosh View Post
The stitches are the first thing my wife noticed too lol. The carb and electrical are the first on the list.. I don't want it to suck anything in when trying to start it. I found a cart dealer around here that has a used muffler for $150, is that a good deal or does anyone know where I could get one cheaper?
I have a G1 muffler with the adapter flange and springs still in tact. It has surface rust only which I would say would be normal for a 36 year old stock muffler! I'll take $75 for it and you pay for the ride from South Carolina. It weighs about 15 lbs so my guess at shipping to Cali will be about $30 to $35.

*EDIT* UPS quote is $42 so I was close....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G1 muffler1.jpg (91.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg G1 muffler2.jpg (91.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by BigInchCC; 10-30-2017 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: added UPS info
BigInchCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:35 PM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

$150 is a bit high for a used muffler but they are hard to come by. If you are going to do that you might as well get a new Plowman's performance muffler for $250.

Just about 2 stroke carts have the same specs regarding the compression factors they must maintain for a properly running engine. BigIncCC's deal above seems fair but if you can't work it out pretty much any 2 stroke cart muffler will work on a G1. Of course, you'll have to fabricate the connection points.

Incidentally, I have a G1 muffler on one of my old Harley's. I had to do some welding to make it fit but the muffler was free and it works great.
Lochlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:26 PM   #7
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'll be following you on this! I just got a G1 J10 myself and it is currently not running but has compression and everything looks to be there so I am hopeful!
yamahag1cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:26 PM   #8
jetboatjosh
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I talked to the guy with the muffler and he is going to throw in some other parts that i need for that price. Thanks for the offer BigInchCC, but there is a few things that he has that i can't pass up. I cleaned up the carb today and found my electrical problem. It was a faulty relay, bypassed that sucker and it fired up. I don't think i would have been able to do that without BGW.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #9
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/garag...ir-manual.html

link for the manual in PDF
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:47 PM   #10
jetboatjosh
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks mikeasis that will definitely come in handy. So far i have broke the plastic lever for the choke on the carb (old and brittle) so need to fab something up. I bought a few things too, Carburetor mounting joint, fuel filter, air filter, drive belt, and spark plug. I ordered a new ignition switch because mine has a loose connection in forward. The carb mounting joint had a crack in it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha