lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 yamaha gas engine

Wait, first I heard "dropping pushrods", now I'm hearing "fuel pumps". What's the connection being made between fuel pumps and pushrods? I don't get it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #12
putter_al
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I really like those last 2 replies. Spent about $50 on Sea Foam, and put about a shot glass worth down the throat of the air cleaner through the throttle body. Boy the smoke was horrendous! Well anyway, that seemed to take care of the sticky valve problem. But the full pumps are still fighting me. Now have gone through 21 pumps and it's not funny any more.
Wondering if I should soak a bad pump in Sea Foam to loosen the gunk???? and then try it in a cart. Main problem is pulling off the fuel line from the gas tank. It's a different type of connection and I have a tendency of braking the top line off the pump, it's all plastic. Is there a tool to remove the fuel line????
Thanks all!
putter_al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:58 PM   #13
putter_al
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, push rods drop when the (exhaust or intake) valve gets stuck open. Then with a nurses needle you squirt Sea Foam on the valve between the spring. Takes a while but quicker than taking the head off. Put it all back together and dump Sea Foam down the throat and cleans up the valves. Haven't had a repeat yet.
Filters on fuel tank replaced. I blame it all on E-85 sh_t gas!
Old 11-30-2017, 09:22 PM   #14
Cavemandrew
Getting Wild

Yamaha

E-85 fuel is your problem. It likes to mess up everything in the fuel system. Kinda surprised they run off it. The carb mixture needs to be a lot richer to run at the correct AFR. I run ethanol free in all my small engine stuff.
Cavemandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #15
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

E-85 I'd good....for vehicles that are approved for it.. not golf carts that's are not approved for it
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:23 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

E-85 is a 85% ethanol blend, not the same as the "regular gas station stuff" which contains up to 15% ethanol depending on the season. No carbed engine will run correctly on E-85, if it was jetted for "regular pump gas" unless it is jetted for (then ran exclusively on) E-85. I think we have some confusion in terminology here. Are we talking about E-85? "Pump gas" with it's 15% ethanol content? Or straight gasoline containing no ethanol?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:00 PM   #17
putter_al
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

WOW, it's been a while... Still having problems with the fuel pumps. In fact another went up yesterday. I have taken the plastic pump apart. No dirt, clean. the pump has 3 small O-rings and one larger O-ring. The larger O-ring fits onto the pressure sensor. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS SENSOR GO BAD?? There is nothing else there but the pump, and I even replaced it. Seems like the pressure doesn't build up high enough, but can't tell. What is pressure supposed to be??? My pressure tester is from the 60's and not the best.

While searching through google for a possible fix, no-one took the pump apart. Evidently, fuel pumps DO NOT go bad. While I was on-line there were a few knuckleheads on the right of the page. There are some real weirdo's that have youtube movies. One guy put a 2 liter bottle of coke right into the gas tank, the car drove / ran for almost 30 minutes. This is what I think might have happened. BECAUSE when I took the head off, the valves and head had terrible burned deposit, that burned like sugar with the aid of a blow torch.

I have been fortunate to have Yamaha stand behind these pumps, because they can not tell me why a new pump makes things work just fine. And yes, I have been using Marvel Mystery oil and Sea Foam after the new pumps. I put Marvel M.Oil right into the gas and so far, so good.

So, if you have suggestions, I am all ears!
Happy New year!

Tags
push rods & rocker arm
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha