lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
Kruff
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 G9 Runs when cold dies when hot

My G9 will start and run fine when cold but after a few minutes and it warms up it dies. After it's been sitting for a while it cranks right up and goes through the same cycle again. I've checked the fuel pump after it died and it's pumping fuel fine so I'm assuming I have a electrical problem that's causing a open circuit somewhere after it's warmed up. What is the most common cause in this situation, coil, ignitor....??
Kruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 92 G9 Runs when cold dies when hot

See my thread, I went through the exact same thing. By your description I would say 99.999% you've got a bad ignitor. Don't waste your money on the aftermarket ones, they are all junk. I had 3 different ones, and none of them worked right.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...s-stumped.html
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:18 PM   #3
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

X2 sounds like a bad ignitor to me if you have a dymanic spark tester you can verify with weak or intermittent spark when it dies. If you can find a used one ok but as cp says would not recommend aftermarket
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:03 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You can use a timing light too. Spark may be present but not enough to "fire". When the spark is weak or nonexistent, the timing light won't flash.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:20 AM   #5
Kruff
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your input gentlemen, we'll see how it goes.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:20 PM   #6
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Good call on the timing light CP i still have one of those
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:50 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Funny, not many people do. Funny part is I'm probably about half the age of most the people on here but then again that's probably why I keep coming back. Most people sub-50 have no idea what a timing light even is lol.

This place is great though, It's not your typical "current era Facebook loving God hating my stuff is better thanyours" type of message board. There's a ton of experience, knowledge, and more people with the great "I just want to help other people" attitude here that fits what we ret to live and teach our children. Help other people because you feel good helping not because it somehow benefits you.

I'm not exactly "young" with 9 children but I certainly dont share most of the morals, values, and ideals as most in my generation either. :)
Old 05-31-2018, 12:41 PM   #8
Kruff
Not Yet Wild

Somebody clue me in here. I've read a lot of post about not using aftermarket electrical parts. I've been looking at igniters at some of the golf cart supply online stores, prices ranging from 125.00-150.00 $ but none list them as a "Genuine Yamaha" part. They reference a OEM# or something to that effect. The only one I've seen that listed and showed a picture with the Yamaha sticker and part # on it was 316.00$ Are the lower priced parts I've mentioned a waste of money.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:45 PM   #9
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yes they are see it all the time on here some people have even bought three or four aftermarket electronic parts before they gave up and OEM lart fixed the problem after market parts have thier place just not electronic parts
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:51 PM   #10
Kruff
Not Yet Wild

$316.00 is a hard pill to swallow for this old buggy, but I don't want to waste my money on something that may or may not work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha