lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
tlottman
Not Yet Wild

Default 91 Marathon won’t move.

Sort in advance for the length of the post. I have a 91 EZGO Marathon that won’t move. I bought it and put new batteries in that read 38.1 V. After I initially put new batteries in the cart would move but when the throttle was to the floor it would stop. Replace the resistor box or whatever ever it is called. After that it wouldn’t move at all so suspected the solenoid so replaced that along with a new resistor and diode. Still no go. I do not here the solenoid click. I am hoping I may just have some wires hooked up wrong. The problem is the new parts were a little different then the old ones. I am adding some pics hopefully of my set up if someone could check connections that would be great. Also I have been through trying to troubleshoot from previous posts without much luck. I do know the controller has pack voltage on one side an 35.82 on the other with the resistor connected so I think that is good. If you could be specific on where to check if you have recommendations that would be great since I am new to the golf cart world and not all that familiar with them. Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tlottman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2018, 07:07 PM   #2
pdad
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 91 Marathon won’t move.

The red and blue wires on the switch in photo next to the solenoid should be on the common terminal. This would actuate the solenoid when the switch is activated by the accelerator pedal. The resistor should be going between the 2 large terminals on the solenoid.
pdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #3
tlottman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks PDAD. I was wondering about the switch. I will switch them off the NO connection to the C connection. The resistor is connected between the two large terminals on the solenoid.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #4
tlottman
Not Yet Wild

pdad thanks. That was spot on. Switched the wires and now the cart runs like a champ. Now time for some upgrades.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO