lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2018, 11:21 AM   #11
ArmyVeteran
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Thanks for the help and more questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
First of all, Thank you for your service!

If you can post pictures of the wiring on your batteries and the different components, that would make things much easier to diagnose.
Thank You, I appreciate that. I will accept that on behalf of all that have served and are serving now.

I will try to get some pictures later.

Thanks
Bill
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2018, 11:28 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'd start at the keyswitch and trace the Blu/Wht wire back to the fuse panel and the trace the green wire back to the DC to DC converter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Accesory wiring, 48V TXT.JPG (88.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #13
ArmyVeteran
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
My 12 has the factory converter and it is under the drivers side of the seat mounted on a vertical plate. Fuse box is behind it on the fender. Flip the run/Tow to Tow and start looking for smaller wires coming off of the pack that are not on the 2 batteries next to the controller. Those are probably the lights.

AV, what part of Aiken are you in ? I am near Houndslake.
Hmm, well now I am confused. If that is the normal location, I do not have the factory converter. Interesting and there is no 12 VDC battery tap on the 48 volt bank.

The lites have not worked in a long time. I cant even say I ever saw them work. My wife insists they did at one time.

I am not sure if the lites are factory or not. I rigged up 8 volts from one battery to test the front lites and they do lite. Have not tested the tail lites yet.

As I mentioned earlier, the dash looks stock. I will get pictures of everything.

We are in south Aiken County near Cedar Creek. Hi almost neighbor
Old 10-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #14
ArmyVeteran
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
I have a 2012 txt with factory lighting.
My 12 volt convertor was mounted to the onboard charger and hidden by a plastick cover. Fuse block was on drivers side rear fender.
My fuse block was in pretty bad shape, so I eliminated it and just installed inline mini fuse holders going to each accessory,horn,brake lights, headlights to eleminate constant bad connection issues I was having.
Possible previous owner did the same thing?
Other option is to trace wiring for voltage from light switch back till you find source. Color of the wire from source to lights will change along the way per factory wiring so be aware of this when tracing the circuit.
HTH
No on board charger here. And no fuse block.
I have been under and over this cart in the last few days. I find one in line fuse. And nothing else.

As to tracing wires. That is a real PAIN! The dash looks like everything is RIVETED! I did pull the cup holders that gave me limited access to back of panel but not enough to do any tracing. From under the front I can trace back from lites but not far enough to do me any good.

I have pictures coming shortly, that may help everyone figure this out for me. At least help identify what I have

Thanks
Bill
Old 10-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #15
ArmyVeteran
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I'd start at the keyswitch and trace the Blu/Wht wire back to the fuse panel and the trace the green wire back to the DC to DC converter.
Thanks, I do have that drawing. Tracing the wires from the key switch seems impossible ughh. I cant get back there without removing rivets. I will reserve that for last resort. I did pull the cup holders and that gave me very limited access to the rear of panel but not enough to trace. Not with my sausage fingers

Sending pictures sooon.

Thanks
Bill
Old 10-21-2018, 12:11 PM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I would find the harness going to the rear lights and start following that. Most follow the drivers side frame rail. I’m thinking one of your connections eroded and broke off. Or like jb said, chase the wires coming from the switch back.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:27 PM   #17
ArmyVeteran
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok here are the pictures. I hope..............the link works.

Ignore the fuse tap and red wire hooked up to one one of the batteries. That was me testing the front lites. They work.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wQ...3f2rqTW1ukaHFP

Last edited by ArmyVeteran; 10-21-2018 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: oops
Old 10-21-2018, 12:31 PM   #18
ArmyVeteran
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I would find the harness going to the rear lights and start following that. Most follow the drivers side frame rail. I’m thinking one of your connections eroded and broke off. Or like jb said, chase the wires coming from the switch back.
Yes, the rear lites might be easier.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2018, 12:35 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I drilled my rivets out, and use four 1" long brass bolts, nuts, and washers.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:43 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVeteran View Post
No on board charger here. And no fuse block.
I have been under and over this cart in the last few days. I find one in line fuse. And nothing else.

As to tracing wires. That is a real PAIN! The dash looks like everything is RIVETED! I did pull the cup holders that gave me limited access to back of panel but not enough to do any tracing. From under the front I can trace back from lites but not far enough to do me any good.

I have pictures coming shortly, that may help everyone figure this out for me. At least help identify what I have

Thanks
Bill
Ringing out conductors is the easiest way of getting to the bottom of a problem. I added a number labels to all of my wires and cables.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO