lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
berniealan578
Not Yet Wild

Default 6 volt battery replacement

Hi guys, I recently purchased an EZGO 36 volt cart that's had an issue and through another thread have tracked down the problem to faulty batteries so it seems I'm going to have to bite the bullet and replace all of them. I'm looking for recommendations on the best batteries. I live near a small town in central Georgia and it seems the only batteries available in my area are from Advance Auto Parts. I have never had good experiences with Advance because they've never honored their warranties correctly in my opinion. Therefore, since I have an upcoming trip scheduled to Savannah anyway, most any brand would be available. And, at the prices I've seen so far on the internet, if I'm going to dish out nearly $1000 for 6 new batteries, I want the best. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
berniealan578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2018, 08:31 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 6 volt battery replacement

Remember to take your cores to Savannah.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:09 AM   #3
Regan DeMello
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Costco has the best warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regan DeMello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:21 AM   #4
rib33024

check here . I'm not sure how far he is from you but he's a good guy

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:31 AM   #5
berniealan578
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
check here . I'm not sure how far he is from you but he's a good guy

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/
That guy is in Augusta which is about the same distance as Savannah from me, but he doesn't show selling batteries. At least not listed on his website. Thanks anyway.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:54 AM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

He does sell batteries. He won't lead you astray and sell you something you don't need. He's a long time supporter and contributor to this forum. Excellent reputation. You can call him (Dave) and get direct answers.
Golf cart batteries in Georgia are among the cheapest anywhere. Expensive to ship so you may have to drive a fair distance to avoid being gouged locally.

A six pack of Trojan T 105's are currently $659 plus tax with cores in Peachtree City (Atlanta south side).
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:58 AM   #7
berniealan578
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
He does sell batteries. He won't lead you astray and sell you something you don't need. He's a long time supporter and contributor to this forum. Excellent reputation. You can call him (Dave) and get direct answers.
Golf cart batteries in Georgia are among the cheapest anywhere. Expensive to ship so you may have to drive a fair distance to avoid being gouged locally.

A six pack of Trojan T 105's are currently $659 plus tax with cores in Peachtree City (Atlanta south side).
Do you have the company name/web address for the Peachtree City store with those Trojans???

Old 10-29-2018, 10:11 AM   #8
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

Definitely don't order them online. The shipping is plus 2/3 the battery price for each unless you know someone with a business receiving freight from whatever location they are coming from and can have them picked up for you, which is a long shot. Most golf cart dealers sell them and since they usually move a lot of them don't add much for freight charge. Call them.
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:18 AM   #9
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Google Big O's golf carts. Battery prices are listed. They're not a site sponsor so I can't post a link. Lots of golf cart battery sources in Peachtree City. Thousands of carts. Batteries here are big business so they will be fresh especially common ones like 6 and 8v. 12v also because of the current popularity of the RXV.
Most shops, franchised or not will offer an economy grade also. Suitable for some people. Also there is a Sam's club just outside the city limits that stocks 6 and 8v golf cart batteries. Its a Sharpsburg address.

If you want to call around first here's some places to check: John's golf cart service, Golf rider, Bulldog Supply, 3Guys. I can't post links as none are site sponsors.

Tax in this county is 7%.

Note: the price I quoted is directly off the web site. Price may actually different on any given day. Best to call first.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:21 AM   #10
berniealan578
Not Yet Wild

Guys, I appreciate all of your help. Just found a set of six Trojan T-105's at Statesboro Golf Carts for $620. Thanks so much.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO