lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2019, 11:33 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Testing 36v motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyr1k View Post
I’m sorry guys I was mistaken when I said it didn’t have a tow/run switch. It does have one under the seat. Motor tested good. My next issue I’m having after installing 3 12v battery’s (for test purpose only) is I get no click from the solenoid. I have 37.9v at large lug battery side. 35.4 at large lug controller side. 37.9 at small lug (red/yel/yelwht side) and nothing at small lug blue wire side. I’ve removed the solenoid and jumped it with battery and it clicks however I get no resistance between large lugs so I know relay is shot and I ordered a new one but I still feel like I should at least be getting a click from it. I’m under the impression that the blue wire on the small lug grounds out the solenoid to complete the circuit so I removed blue wire and jumped to battery - and got nothing. I’m partially leaning towards a controller issue but I don’t have concrete evidence. Please help me!! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No resistance (Zero Ohms) between the large terminals after the solenoid clicks is normal. It indicates the contacts are closed and making a good electrical connection.

You have a DCS, which was EZGO's first attempt at designing a SepEx drive system and lacking a low voltage protection, the Curtis 1206SX controller they used was a high failure item.

Most people replace it with an Alltrax XCT48400-DCS (or larger) controller and a larger solenoid as well since the stock solenoid is only rate for 85A.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2019, 11:36 AM   #12
Tommyr1k
Not Yet Wild

Sorry when I said no resistance what I meant was infinite resistance or open circuit.

Tommyr1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #13
Tommyr1k
Not Yet Wild

Is there a proper way to actually test that controller? Is there an inexpensive place to buy the altrax controller?

Tommyr1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sorry when I said no resistance what I meant was infinite resistance or open circuit.
No conductivity.

Quote:
Is there a proper way to actually test that controller? Is there an inexpensive place to buy the altrax controller?
The link I posted is the best bang for the buck. I'm not sure if you can find a lower price anywhere, but the customer service is the best you'll find.

The CS controller performs several functions and if one function isn't working, the whole controller is bad.

If the solenoid isn't clicking when the pedal is pushed, verify B+ is getting to the side of the solenoid coil with three wires attached. If it is there, check the other side of the coil (blue wire). It should have B+ on it before pedal is pushed and go to Zero when pedal is pushed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO