lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2019, 10:29 PM   #1
EzGoRN
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Charging question

36v - when I run it down to 75% or so it takes only 2.5-3 hrs to fully charge, is this normal? This with stock charger.
EzGoRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charging question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzGoRN View Post
36v - when I run it down to 75% or so it takes only 2.5-3 hrs to fully charge, is this normal? This with stock charger.
Without knowing the AH capacity of the batteries or the make/model of charger, it is impossible to answer your question.

Also are the batteries discharged to 75% DoD or 75% SoC?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:53 PM   #3
EzGoRN
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Brand new T105s. Power wise charger. I ran the cart for about 1/2 hr, let it sit 20 mins, and charge was 37.3 volts.
EzGoRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzGoRN View Post
Brand new T105s. Power wise charger. I ran the cart for about 1/2 hr, let it sit 20 mins, and charge was 37.3 volts.
Powerwise make several chargers. The attached picture is of a model 28115, which has been around for years.

The attached Chart is the voltage that you ought to have about 12 hours after charge shuts off automatically.

IF you have a model 28115, the charger shuts of when the On-Charge voltage climbs to 45V +/- 1V.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PW charger - Faceplate.JPG (447.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SoC vs Voltage - Trojan Battery.JPG (56.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:20 PM   #5
coosa
Gone Wild

I don't think that your experience on charging time is unusual. I have a 36 volt cart that has to be charged with a 2200 watt generator that runs a Lester 30 amp charger. The generator holds enough gasoline to run it for 4 hours, and it's very rare for that to not put a full charge on the cart.

The numbers may say that it should take longer than 3 hours, but you probably just aren't running it down as far as you think. But good to double check; good luck with it.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO