lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2019, 09:56 PM   #1
klargo100
Not Yet Wild

Default Rewiring cart

I have the Curtis 1206 without the A2. I believe I tested it in the past and it worked, but I recently bought all new cables and didn’t label them before removing. So im doing my best to put back together. I managed to get the solenoid to click but nothing else. I’m a little confused with the forward reverse lever. In the diagrams I see it looks like the A is on the bottom and it progresses B, C, D in counterclockwise. I have M- going to A1 on motor and I think S1 and S2 are B and B respectively. I still have a long orange wire coming from controller wire harness that I don’t know where it goes. I don’t have the reverse beeper on which may be throwing me off. I could use some photos of someone’s cart I think. I feel like I’m really close and don’t want to have to pay to have repaired. Any tips will be grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
klargo100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2019, 10:20 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rewiring cart

I was unaware of all of the differences in the Alltrax AXE diagram I sent you and the stock diagram. It's better to stick with the stock one. I'm attaching all three stock diagrams. Two with low current and high current circuits highlighted, and a plain one. These show the correct stock controller pin numbers, as they differ from the AXE controller diagram I sent you. The high current lugs are also wired different than stock. For cables, you can use either one, but you can't mix and match, so my bad. Low current wires and controller pin numbers are not compatible at all for stock controllers. Sorry.

You specifically asked me if they were the same, and since mine worked, I figured, why would they have changed it? Again, my bad.

The High Current .jpg has deleted the A2 lug and cable. The other two still show them.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:58 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

To the best of my knowledge, all the EZGO manuals having schematics for series drive cart with Curtis 1206 controllers show an A2 terminal on the controller.

Trying to help someone that couldn't grasp the concept of disregarding the A2 terminal and cable to the C stud on the F/R switch assembly, I finally got so exasperated I loaded the first attachment into "Paint" and erased them, which resulted in the second attachment.

I haven't erased the offending lines on any schematic other than the one with the high current circuit highlighted, but if anyone is confused by their presence, feel free to erase them.

@Yurtle: The NPX came in two versions. If its model number had an "EX" suffix the stock 6-pin molex plugged onto it. Without the suffix, the molex had to be cut off and 0.250' push on connector used, so the different wire numbering wasn't a major issue. Not sure if the AXE had an "EX" version.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:16 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

On the schematics you loaded, controller pins are 1 and 2=ITS, 3=1/2 speed, 4=power.

AXE is 1=power, 2 and 3=ITS, 4=1/2 speed.

AXE also has spade connectors, so I didn't pay attention to the fact that the wires moved to different pins. I also did a complete tear out and replace, rather than wires/cables one at a time.

I looked at the stock wiring diagrams, enough to understand what happened outside the black box, but memorized my AXE diagram. I must have been half asleep when I said high current cables are different, as I just looked and they seem to be the same?
Old 01-20-2019, 05:26 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
To the best of my knowledge, all the EZGO manuals having schematics for series drive cart with Curtis 1206 controllers show an A2 terminal on the controller.

Trying to help someone that couldn't grasp the concept of disregarding the A2 terminal and cable to the C stud on the F/R switch assembly, I finally got so exasperated I loaded the first attachment into "Paint" and erased them, which resulted in the second attachment.

I haven't erased the offending lines on any schematic other than the one with the high current circuit highlighted, but if anyone is confused by their presence, feel free to erase them.

@Yurtle: The NPX came in two versions. If its model number had an "EX" suffix the stock 6-pin molex plugged onto it. Without the suffix, the molex had to be cut off and 0.250' push on connector used, so the different wire numbering wasn't a major issue. Not sure if the AXE had an "EX" version.
A2 goes to FNR C on AXE diagram, though it shows motor A2 and FNR C going to controller A2. That's different, but electrically identical to the stock wiring diagram. That confused me, as I was toggling between a .jpg and a .pds. I was wrong, but high current circuits are the same with no controller A2. Different with controller A2, but equivalent.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc100-043-B_DWG-AXE-EZGO-Wire-Dia.pdf (174.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-20-2019, 05:42 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
A2 goes to FNR C on AXE diagram, though it shows motor A2 and FNR C going to controller A2. That's different, but electrically identical to the stock wiring diagram. That confused me, as I was toggling between a .jpg and a .pds. I was wrong, but high current circuits are the same with no controller A2. Different with controller A2, but equivalent.
That is the difference between a schematic diagram and a wiring diagram.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO