lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2019, 07:19 PM   #1
TennesseePete
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Talking Howdy all - new guy with new cart. Please check my work in rebuild...

Howdy guys and gals -
New guy to carts here. Rebuilding this for my wife to use around our little ranch here in tennessee.
2006 club car turf with the kawasaki 350 that i picked up at a surplus auction. She wanted a dump bed for her garden and land chores and i got it for low money but i swear someone drove it into a pond. Its pretty rough. I dont mind rebuilding stuff and have no fear with what is given to me, whatever condition it is in.
So first is to get it running, then we will worry about tires, lifts, goodies (like roof solar panels to power the battery for the compressor for the train horn.... I kid, sort of.... Have been known to do crazy things just cuz)

Ok, so the biggest issue is no start with accelerator.
Have confirmed 12.89 v at battery, solemoid, ignition switch. But nada at solenoid with depression of pedal. The gear selector micro switch looks like it is functioning as it should when i take it apart. Havent gotten to the other micro switch in the fuse box yet. Thinking of just replacing that one and the solenoid as battery straight to starter turns her over.

Fuel tank was full of mud (hence my belief someone ran it into a pond). Cleaned it thoroughly (along with the fuel siphon and pump)and re-installed, new fuel lines purchased today. Confirmed air line to pump intact and cleaned.
Carb pulled and disassembeled, cleaned just cuz. Cleaned intake line from filter box.
(looks like the mud didnt make it past the first filter)

Plan for new oil and filter, new plug, new fuel filters, changing diff oil, new air filter just to get it going, then mods galore.... (Shhhh, dont tell her!)

So, i would really like to just bypass all the switches and go with a master on/off and ignition but i understand that is not a good option. Soooo, new solenoid and microswitches? Anything i would be missing or need to add?

Your help is vey much appreciated as this newbie is just flying by the seat of his pants....

PIc of the wreck in its partial disassembled state.....
TennesseePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2019, 07:21 PM   #2
TennesseePete
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Howdy all - new guy with new cart. Please check my work in rebuild...

My new time consumption....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (24.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-20-2019, 08:27 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Howdy all - new guy with new cart. Please check my work in rebuild...

Lots of these start with the key and not by the go pedal, nothing wrong with that.

Do you know how yours is supposed to work?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:46 PM   #4
TennesseePete
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Really? I must have read wrong.
Figure this one starts with the gas pedal as the linkage moves the little half moon doo-hickey in the box and signals the solenoid to start.... (Seriously, i know nada...)

I am assuming there are diagrams then to wire up to a standard type ignition?
I need to search a little i guess...
Old 04-20-2019, 10:33 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I have a Carryall with key start. Pretty sure it came from the factory that way. Never had any reason to chase the wires down but I would think there's a diagram in here somewhere.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:43 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Look in the "Gas Club Car" section. See if one of the diagrams in the "Stickys" there matches what you have.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:11 AM   #7
TennesseePete
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hmmm...ok, I have a wiring diagram. Ours has a "key" to work the master on/off ignition.

My train of thought on that whole statement was more of "can i just bypass all the microswitches and wire up a simple pushbutton engagement of the starter and a master on/off cutoff switch instead of the standard way of starting these carts?"

I thought i had read that was not a good option with these systems but it sure makes it a better option for us. If not, no big deal.

So has anyone done this and how should it be done properly? If i shouldnt, why Is this not a good thing to do?
Old 04-21-2019, 06:59 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Is there a 6 pin relay in the electrical box? If it has a relay it’s a key start.
If no relay, it’s a pedal start.
Wire diagrams are in the stickies section at the top of the forum page. They’re the same for pretty much every gas Club car 290 or 350.

A quick way to “test” the switch on the throttle cam is to just unplug it and jump the wires together. When you turn the key on it should start cranking the motor.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:30 PM   #9
TennesseePete
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ah, i should clarify. Yes, it is a pedal start.

Thanks for the test. Looks like i am ordering new switches.
Got a good order going for everything i think i need to get it fired and driving. We will see whats next
Old 04-25-2019, 04:34 PM   #10
TennesseePete
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, let me bounce this off you as here is where i am at -

Installed new microswitches all around, new solenoid, new battery, cleaned all contacts.
New fuel filters, new hoses including from block to the fuel pump.
Oil changed, new plug gapped to where old one was, about 36
Cranks with the pedal depressed in forward and engine turns.
Verified spark with engine turning.
Verified fuel getting to carb.
Carb pulled and cleaned again, verified float is working and clear.
Cranks but no start.
No start even with starter fluid bursts.
Verified compression at 50 psi... Good/bad???
Valves seem to be in spec at 0.05?

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car