lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2019, 11:05 AM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Diagnosis - Cart not Moving

I will admit I didn’t need a puller to get mine off but if it uses the same one as the drive clutch you can make one out of a bolt and a short piece of bar stock. On my st350 it was a 3/4 inch fine thread bolt a few inches long and a piece of bar like 3 inches long. Not sure about your clutch.

Edit. Just found it in the manual. Part number 608429 is the puller for both clutches.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2019, 11:27 AM   #22
sfelts
Not Yet Wild

Well, never-mind. I smacked it a few times with a rubber mallet and a pickle bar and it shot off like a rocket. Looks like the crying busted. I am guessing they make some sort of rebuild kit. On the search.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10jX...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zK_...w?usp=drivesdk
sfelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:37 AM   #23
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I made a tool out of scraps I had laying around to safely take these driven clutches apart . Works like a charm. Angle iron goes in my vice . Not sure it will work on your clutch but I am sure I could make it work with another piece of metal. Cost = my time which is not worth because I am retired
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0266.jpg (248.5 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:54 AM   #24
sfelts
Not Yet Wild

I am usually pretty good and finding parts but having much difficulty. I am guessing I just need the buttons and the C ring. If you guys have a source I could call and ask I would appreciate it. Also Trig123 looks like i will need something similar to that too to put it all back together.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:23 PM   #25
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That doesn’t look like the c ring. That looks like a bearing face. May want to make sure it didn’t damage the bearing in the transaxle. Also once that clip fails I am not sure if I would trust the clutch. I know that there is an input shaft spacer made for Yamaha that is just for this reason. It is there to replace the ring so this can’t happen.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 12:56 PM   #26
sfelts
Not Yet Wild

Well after closer inspection I found that the grove where the c ring goes on doesn't exist anymore. So, therefore I would need to replace that spindle. But I can't seem to find any parts for this at all. Check out this picture below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZL...coNu7e-X4Uiv5w
Old 06-02-2019, 01:26 PM   #27
sfelts
Not Yet Wild

Looks like mine has been replaced with this one.

https://www.countrycat.com/pub/media...6/2/624757.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO