lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
MustangMan14
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Unhappy Seat base.

Hi folks, I’m in the middle of restoring a 93 club car ds that was given to my daughter by her grandparents. It’s been sitting for about three years, believe it or not, I have been able to get it running, and have cleaned it up fairly well.
Day before yesterday, I was driving it and had a sinking feeling, the seat base is rotten, cut some plywood 16 1/2x 40 1/2, I put the foam and seat cover over the plywood, the length seems long and the width seems short, all the metal work seems to be correct. I just wish I had a template or diagram to see how it all works.
Thanks for bearing with me. I’m sure someone has had a similar problem.
MustangMan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2019, 09:35 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Seat base.

40-1/2 to 40-3/4 long and about 17 to 17-1/2 wide. Kinda depends on the cart. The DS body I believe you’re better off with 40-1/2 x 17. Round the corners about a 1-1/2” radius.
The foam will overhang several inches on the back and about 1/2” to 3/4” on the front.
Also be sure the taller side of the foam is towards the front.
The aluminum frame of the seat handles should fit on kinda snug once the cover is on.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
MustangMan14
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thank you that helped me a lot, I feel better about what l’m doing.
MustangMan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:26 AM   #4
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

These dimensions may be different from yours. I just changed mine (2002 CC) and used the old plywood as a template for the new.

My old plywood is 38" x 18" with cutouts for the plastic arms, breather holes, and other hardware as depicted below (5 a.m. pics without flash). Perspective in these is from the engine looking up (bottom of plywood).

More dims if you need them. PM me.

Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:43 AM   #5
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
40-1/2 to 40-3/4 long and about 17 to 17-1/2 wide. Kinda depends on the cart. The DS body I believe you’re better off with 40-1/2 x 17. Round the corners about a 1-1/2” radius.
The foam will overhang several inches on the back and about 1/2” to 3/4” on the front.
Also be sure the taller side of the foam is towards the front.
The aluminum frame of the seat handles should fit on kinda snug once the cover is on.
How important is this? i recovered my seats a month ago, and nobody could answer if the tall side of the foam was supposed to be towards the front of the seat or the back of the seat, so I angled it down toward the front figured water would run off that way and not toward my motor

EDIT: to OP, don't forget to drill some holes in your seat bottoms to let air escape. I drilled 2 holes one under each "spot", about 1.5" diameter
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:13 AM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Doesn’t really matter, just looks a little odd and it’s not as comfortable if you ask me.
You could probably just unbolt the seat frame and spin it around the other way.

Motors don’t care about water. They get splashed on all the time.

And yes, make sure to drill vent holes.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:24 AM   #7
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Doesn’t really matter, just looks a little odd and it’s not as comfortable if you ask me.
You could probably just unbolt the seat frame and spin it around the other way.

Motors don’t care about water. They get splashed on all the time.

And yes, make sure to drill vent holes.
I recovered my seats and folded the corners a certain way for how its sitting now. A couple screws and I could switch it but I might leave it. Good to know though
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car