lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2019, 11:11 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help Understanding my no-go troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinHay View Post
That's great..thanks a bunch.

The relays Normally Closed position is to connect m- and S1...what happens when S1 is connected to M- and S2 is connected to A2? (This would be the case when the working relay is engaged when in the reverse condition)
In one direction:
S1 connects to M- and S2 connects to A2

The other direction:
S1 connects to A2 and S2 connects to M-

Only one of the Solenoids is active at the time.

If both Solenoids are OFF or both Solenoids are ON, you would not have a complete circuit and there would be no movement.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2020, 10:59 AM   #12
VinHay
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help Understanding my no-go troubleshooting

UPDATE on what I ended up finding on my Ruff N Tuff cart with the help of this thread:

1. My motor was not operating properly. The Ruff N Tuff motors have a different spline count, which means you have a couple options when this happens: You can source a rear end from an EZGO which is a direct drop in replacement then allowing you to run ezgo motors. Your other option is to have an electric motor shop repair your motor, which is the option I went with. My motor was repairable so this was the easiest solution for me.

2. My cart used 2 sperate DPST relays, with one of them inoperable. I replaced BOTH with an Albright SW202 reversing contactor from ebay. I mounted it fairly easily, and it's a very robust nice unit.

3. My controller was malfunctioning as well, I sent it to CAPS services and got it reparied there.

My cart is now working well, it's the best "riding" cart i've ever had. It's also has the worst turning radius, LOL. It's got enough power to almost pull the front wheels off the ground and tops out around 22mph. I really like the cart, and if you can pick one up for the right price the ruff n tuff may be a good solution for you if you like figuring out these types of little gremlins.
VinHay is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO