lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
Ashman
Not Yet Wild

Default C54 Conversion Kit Install on 93 Club Car - troubleshooting

Got my conversion kit in the mail and went to work installing it this weekend! I got the old stuff out & the new stuff mounted and rewired everything, but the cart is unresponsive. I turn the key on & press the accelerator and nothing happens. My lights, turn signals, horn all work, so I know electricity is flowing. I'm not seeing the status LED on the controller doing anything though. Please help!

Pardon my lack of wiring colors--working with a couple of spools of wire that I had already.

The batteries are wired correctly. I added a labeled pic (ends of circuit marked in blue).

I believe the Alltrax Controller is hooked up correctly too (see labeled pic).

The last 2 pics are of the Contractor and F-R Switch. Lots of labeling here. What's not labeled (I ran out of room): the white wire on the right is partially hidden by the pre-charge resistor, but it's actually connected to the large NEG post on the left of the resistor. That goes to the reverse buzzer, along with the orange wire in the far back. Also, the mess of Red, Blue, Green & Black wires are where the pedal wires come out of the harness & they're labeled on the other pictures. The black in the foreground at the top and the white by the pedal wire jumble are the 10g charging wires, connected to the batteries.

I've read through the instruction packet multiple times, but I'm stumped. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Club Car DS rewiring pic 1.jpg (20.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Club Car DS rewiring pic 1 with labels.jpg (21.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Controller with labels.jpg (27.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg F-R and Contractor.jpg (15.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg F-R and Contractor labeled.jpg (21.2 KB, 0 views)
Ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2020, 08:23 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: C54 Conversion Kit Install on 93 Club Car - troubleshooting

Are you getting pack voltage on the small solenoid post when the pedal is pressed? Do you get pack voltage at the red KSI terminal when pedal is pressed?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:27 PM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I usually run my solenoid activation negative straight to the B- on the battery pack. I don't know if that would make any difference here or not.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:30 AM   #4
Ashman
Not Yet Wild

I think the problem is that the solenoid is not getting power. I guess it's supposed to click when you turn the key, but I don't hear anything and the led light on the controller doesn't light up as a result of the lack of power at the solenoid.

You say you run the battery pack negative directly to the solenoid. How would that change the wiring on this diagram? Are you suggesting to add another cable from the battery negative to the negative post on the solenoid and leave everything else alone (as in the second pic)?

That would definitely get juice to the solenoid since it would be directly connected to both ends of the battery pack, but I want to make sure it wouldn't mess with any of the other wiring. I'm okay at sticking to a wiring diagram, but I always second guess myself when making adjustments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiring diagram.jpg (229.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg wiring diagram with added cable.jpg (20.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-25-2020, 08:11 PM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
I think the problem is that the solenoid is not getting power. I guess it's supposed to click when you turn the key, but I don't hear anything and the led light on the controller doesn't light up as a result of the lack of power at the solenoid.

You say you run the battery pack negative directly to the solenoid. How would that change the wiring on this diagram? Are you suggesting to add another cable from the battery negative to the negative post on the solenoid and leave everything else alone (as in the second pic)?

That would definitely get juice to the solenoid since it would be directly connected to both ends of the battery pack, but I want to make sure it wouldn't mess with any of the other wiring. I'm okay at sticking to a wiring diagram, but I always second guess myself when making adjustments.
No, the large terminals on a solenoid are not + and -. Only the small post. The solenoid is basically a remote switch. If you look at the solenoid in that diagram, the two small wires are labeled as positive and negative. That is the one I put on the B- post. NOT THE LARGE CABLE! THAT WILL CREATE A LARGE DEAD SHORT!

Old 08-25-2020, 08:14 PM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A volt meter with the negative lead on B-, check voltage at the small red ksi terminal on the controller with the key on and the pedal pressed will tell us a lot. Also do the same thing at the small positive terminal on the solenoid.

Old 08-26-2020, 08:39 AM   #7
Scottacus1100
Not Yet Wild

I got mine in last night and Im having the same issue. Ill take pictures tonight.
Scottacus1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:00 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hard to see those small pictures but how are You getting power to the key switch?

I see the note where the Key Switch output (blue wire) goes to the pedal, but not where the input power to the key switch is connected.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:18 AM   #9
Ashman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Hard to see those small pictures but how are You getting power to the key switch?

I see the note where the Key Switch output (blue wire) goes to the pedal, but not where the input power to the key switch is connected.
I've got a red wire running from the main battery + terminal to the key switch, then the dark blue wire connects into the pedal's red wire.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:26 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Key Switch output (dark blue wire in your case) needs to connect to both: Red and Blue wires at the pedal.

You have that connected as well?

How about the Pedal negative black wire to Controller B- or pack negative?

The +48v output from the pedal micro-switch is the Green wire, where did You connect that?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car