lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2020, 07:56 PM   #1
Rolly72
Not Yet Wild

Default Hesitated in reverse? 82 36v club car

82 36volt club car Hesitates in reverse. Very slow and kinda jerks, almost like not getting Enough power. Forward is fine except some times I have to kinda nudge the cart to get moving but once does. Probably gonna have to replace the brushes for that.

Batteries showing 37.6 volts as Havnt charged since started working on cart.
18.9 volts at the reverse leg.

Batteries are brand new, all 5 solenoids replaced. All new
Micro switches. Only thing not replaced is the resistor coil (which’s gets extreme hot. Lol) And the actual forward and reverse control. (F&r micro switch was replaced though)
I will mentioned that accidentally dropped a socket on the old main solenoid and when I did I had small flames come out of the forward and reverse control.

Also cart was bought in non running condition and had sat for a very long time so no idea condition when last ran. Thanks
I appreciate all the help Working thru my issues.

Also, since this Cart doesn’t have a computer, does the charger shut off on its own? How long does it take and would should I see on the charger. Last time I had it on it showed 15 amps
Rolly72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2020, 09:02 PM   #2
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Hesitated in reverse? 82 36v club car

37 volts on new batteries is bad....charge them , 15 amps should drop down to almost 0 , but may take 10 to 12 hours....you can move the reverse cable to the next battery to get more or jump it at the F/R switch and have full power in reverse....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:04 PM   #3
Rolly72
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
37 volts on new batteries is bad....charge them , 15 amps should drop down to almost 0 , but may take 10 to 12 hours....you can move the reverse cable to the next battery to get more or jump it at the F/R switch and have full power in reverse....
Thanks. I knew 38.2 was fully charged so didn’t think 37 was that low.

Will the charger cut off on it own? So, the charger will go down as it tops off?
Old 09-19-2020, 04:20 AM   #4
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

depending on the type of charger , it should ....but i would monitor it the first time and make sure....post a pic of it....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:17 AM   #5
Rolly72
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
depending on the type of charger , it should ....but i would monitor it the first time and make sure....post a pic of it....
How do I do that? lol

It’s a Lestronic II
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car