lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2020, 07:22 AM   #11
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas!! Not happy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast Kiteboarding View Post
Don't discount 'The Dark Side' . Once you go AC you'll never go back!

Just curious, do you have the Navitas Dealer App? It can tell you what the errors mean. Not sure if FSIP can give it to you but if you call, you can talk Navitas into giving it to you. Makes working with their controllers much easier!
I don't. FSIP can give it to me. I have downloaded the user app, but it rarely works. Keeps freezing up, or disconnecting.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 07:36 PM   #12
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Update on this situation. I got up with tech support from FSIP and got access to the dealer app, which works much better than the user app. The app showed error codes. At first it said welded solenoid. I did have continuity across solenoid with cables connected in run position. I removed cables and no continuity. Reattached cables and cleared that error. Next it said I had a field short, and asked me to remove f1&f2 turn key of and back on and see if error returned, it didn't. I cleared the errors again reattached f1&f2, no errors! Reached down and pressed the pedal and low and behold she moved! I put the seat on and rode for 10 or 15 minutes. I'm definitely gonna ride it some more before I call the customer and tell him it's ready. The app is pretty nice, I'll update if anything else changes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2020, 08:58 PM   #13
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I have had similar bad luck with bad rebuild controllers sent from FSIP especially the DCS stock rebuilds. 1206SX controllers. All duds. Sent them back, they came back 'tested and advised'. One went POW! another let out smoke, third just kept going 'beep beep beep beep' until switch was put into TOW.

DCS cars are becoming as bad as RXVs for us. We succeeded in going Alltrax with one, which fired right up no issue at all, but the second the customer was too cheap to go with Alltrax and insisted we just get another rebuilt stock (BTW they had Rural King batteries too, which fried their original from low voltage) and I probably went through a pile of duds from FSIP before finding the one good one.

If FSIP is sending out similar duds of Navitas (we haven't come across those yet) it wouldn't surprise me. We recently had them send us a rebuilt PowerWise QE that let out some really nice purple smoke soon as it was plugged into a cart. Their quality control after 2018 has been horrible. We are still trying to find a better company to do rebuilds.

Alltrax has two issues for us. Our customers are rural types who are super cheap, and carts only get more expensive. Alltrax is too expensive for 90% of them, even though there's truth in the phrase 'you get what you pay for'

This wasn't so bad in the days when all I did was work on resistor cars. But today, with RXVs and other drive-by-wire idiot proofing built into modern electric golf cars, it's really starting to hurt. There is no Alltrax option for an RXV or Club Car Precedent either, leaving us with few options other than FSIP or Navitas, which, given I've never seen one before, might involve another handheld programmer and dictionary-sized manuals and custom wiring nightmares.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:32 AM   #14
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
I have had similar bad luck with bad rebuild controllers sent from FSIP especially the DCS stock rebuilds. 1206SX controllers. All duds. Sent them back, they came back 'tested and advised'. One went POW! another let out smoke, third just kept going 'beep beep beep beep' until switch was put into TOW.

DCS cars are becoming as bad as RXVs for us. We succeeded in going Alltrax with one, which fired right up no issue at all, but the second the customer was too cheap to go with Alltrax and insisted we just get another rebuilt stock (BTW they had Rural King batteries too, which fried their original from low voltage) and I probably went through a pile of duds from FSIP before finding the one good one.

If FSIP is sending out similar duds of Navitas (we haven't come across those yet) it wouldn't surprise me. We recently had them send us a rebuilt PowerWise QE that let out some really nice purple smoke soon as it was plugged into a cart. Their quality control after 2018 has been horrible. We are still trying to find a better company to do rebuilds.

Alltrax has two issues for us. Our customers are rural types who are super cheap, and carts only get more expensive. Alltrax is too expensive for 90% of them, even though there's truth in the phrase 'you get what you pay for'

This wasn't so bad in the days when all I did was work on resistor cars. But today, with RXVs and other drive-by-wire idiot proofing built into modern electric golf cars, it's really starting to hurt. There is no Alltrax option for an RXV or Club Car Precedent either, leaving us with few options other than FSIP or Navitas, which, given I've never seen one before, might involve another handheld programmer and dictionary-sized manuals and custom wiring nightmares.
Other than a rebuild, I don't see where Alltrax is the expensive option. I paid more for this Navitas as dealer from FSIP than I pay for Alltrax. The original Curtis price from FSIP is about the same as what I pay for Alltrax. I only went this route because Alltrax is behind in production and I have been having to wait 3-4 weeks per order.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:59 AM   #15
rib33024

Found this about the Navitas controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post

The Navitas controller is a good controller. I have installed quite a few of them... Both the TSX3 and TAC2. Never had a single problem with them ever. Their tech support is excellent. If you have an issue jump onto Facebook and join the GCMod group. The techs hang out there quite often and will answer any question you have. As well, the majority of certified installers etc... will also provide insight help and support.

If you have a problem send me a message as well. I can get you in touch with Navitas tech support.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:27 AM   #16
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Found this about the Navitas controller
Thanks, he has commented earlier in my thread. Right now it's running. I'm going to run this cart a few days and monitor the app. I really like the app! No need for the laptop or cables, and has about any motor field map software you can think of already in the app. We will see!
Old 10-15-2020, 09:00 AM   #17
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Thanks, he has commented earlier in my thread. Right now it's running. I'm going to run this cart a few days and monitor the app. I really like the app! No need for the laptop or cables, and has about any motor field map software you can think of already in the app. We will see!
The problem often lies with the DCS harness. Make sure you have a diode (3a) and resistor 10W 250ohm on the solenoid. When swapping between F/R and passing through N state it shuts down all controllers. Bad things can happen when moving through F/N/R on a DCS cart if you don't have the diode and resistor. I have seen many fried 1206SX controllers where the owners took the resistor board off. :(

You can use the "standard" Navitas app that is on the app store to read the error codes in more detail. You should get the dealer app. Talk to Todd.

Call Todd @ 844-576-2499 (Navitas). I have passed along this thread to Todd @ Navitas as well. Navitas is very approachable for support.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:30 AM   #18
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post
The problem often lies with the DCS harness. Make sure you have a diode (3a) and resistor 10W 250ohm on the solenoid. When swapping between F/R and passing through N state it shuts down all controllers. Bad things can happen when moving through F/N/R on a DCS cart if you don't have the diode and resistor. I have seen many fried 1206SX controllers where the owners took the resistor board off. :(

You can use the "standard" Navitas app that is on the app store to read the error codes in more detail. You should get the dealer app. Talk to Todd.

Call Todd @ 844-576-2499 (Navitas). I have passed along this thread to Todd @ Navitas as well. Navitas is very approachable for support.
I did get the dealer app through FSIP, which actually came from Todd. It helped me out a lot with my issue. Controller had some codes that once I cleared them it ran. I haven't given up on them just yet. I guess like anything else, it's a learning curve when are doing something different, and I always like learning new things.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:05 AM   #19
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Make sure you update your software, Navitas released new firmware last night.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:19 PM   #20
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Rode for about 45 minutes in the neighborhood this afternoon. Also downloaded the latest firmware. So far no more issues.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO