lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2020, 07:58 AM   #11
matt1382
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO RXV 2013 model took a swim!!

So when I plug in the handheld and power the cart on, the handheld powers up. But it never connects to the software of the controller. Does this mean the controller is screwed or is it possible just a communication problem?
matt1382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #12
matt1382
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1382 View Post
So when I plug in the handheld and power the cart on, the handheld powers up. But it never connects to the software of the controller. Does this mean the controller is screwed or is it possible just a communication problem?

Well I found the problem there. One of the pins on the controller harness wash pushed in somehow and not allowing the handheld to communicate. Got the codes cleared now I’m getting faults for stall and encoder. Has anyone pulled a speed sensor out and it had some metal shavings stuck to it? Wondering if the encoder bearing needs to be replaced. When I power the cart on and push the pedal, it jerks a bunch, like the motor has no clue which way to go.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:27 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That's totally a fault I'd associate with a failed encoder. (Violent jerking).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:27 PM   #14
matt1382
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That's totally a fault I'd associate with a failed encoder. (Violent jerking).
I appreciate the help! So since this is a 2013, would that likely mean I need a new speed sensor? I cleaned off this one and stuck it back in, but same result. Maybe I'm going to have to clean it off a few times depending on how much crap is in there. One other thing I noticed, is that I removed the brake to do some testing, and when i went to put it back on it was hot as hell. Is it normal for that to happen if a cart is cycled on and off a bunch?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO