lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2020, 07:03 PM   #1
Csaavedra
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo txt dcs f/r to cc toggle question

So ive been informed that i need to keep the resistor on my solenoid with the navitas controller i got. The f/r switch is to blame. When switching from R to F
The switch cuts power to the controller as it passes through N. My question is if i do a CC toggle f/R conversion would the power be cut to the controller still?
Csaavedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2020, 07:33 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Ezgo txt dcs f/r to cc toggle question

Yes, briefly.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:46 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaavedra View Post
So ive been informed that i need to keep the resistor on my solenoid with the navitas controller i got. The f/r switch is to blame. When switching from R to F
The switch cuts power to the controller as it passes through N. My question is if i do a CC toggle f/R conversion would the power be cut to the controller still?
It is the diode that connects between the solenoid's larger terminals that must be kept.

The solenoid in a DCS cart, should have a Diode between the large terminals as well as a Diode between the small terminals. May also need a Resistor between the large terminals.

The CC switch is On-Off-On (F-N-R) and is located before the keyswitch electrically, so the controller losses power when you switch from F to R or from R to F.

What happens is the solenoid de-energizes when the controller shuts of and if the cart happens to be in regen braking at the time, the battery pack is disconnected from the motor (that is acting as a generator during regen braking) and the voltage skyrockets, taking out the controller. The diode keeps the battery pack connected to the motor when the solenoid contacts open.

The secret is to not change directions while cart is moving.....
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:51 PM   #4
Csaavedra
Not Yet Wild

Thank you makes total since
Csaavedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO