lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2020, 09:26 PM   #1
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default MCORnfused

The cooler weather makes it a little easier on the swimming pool guy (although we are busier than I have seen in 25 years in the business) and I am able to get myself frustrated with this cart a little easier than I was in the heat of the season.

I have an all new wiring harness and grabbed the MCOR conversion from Dave and am trying to fit all of this together. If you look at the MCOR pic you can see that it is just a normal. MCOR, and then you see the wires that are in the harness to connect it up; HTH am I supposed to make that work? You can also see some other parts of the wiring harness (instructions for it are vague, and I tried to include part numbers for reference) that I haven't quite figured out yet (I suspect that a good portion of wires will not be used-I have no back up alarm, for example or battery indicator, so I won't be using those. I also see a plug for the speed sensor, and I do not believe that I will be using that unless someone tells me different).

What am I not undertanding on the MCOR hookup? The other harness pieces will mate up to the connectors, but the wire colors do not match and I don't want to start mixing wires on a new harness install, and I would still have to patch it in. Hopefully I am just being really stupid and one of you (or more-dog pile on the rabbit!) can point me in the right direction!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MCOR Stuff 1.jpg (86.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg MCOR Stuff 2.jpg (75.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg MCOR Stuff 3.jpg (82.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg MCOR Stuff 4.jpg (131.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg MCOR Stuff 5.jpg (160.7 KB, 0 views)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2020, 09:42 PM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: MCORnfused

It looks like it only hooks up one way. When I replaced the pedal assembly in my '07 Precedent, it had the triangle and square plug going directly into the MCOR. Your MCOR looks like it uses different plugs, so it has an adapter to go into the OEM style grey plugs.That harness looks to just blade connect into the main harness in your second picture. Am I missing something else? I know I have the IQ of a can of paint.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #3
Fairclothdevin
Not Yet Wild

To begin, if you call Dave at the number he provided on his website during normal business hours he will answer any installation questions you have. His customer service is fantastic.

I just installed the MCOR4 kit on my 84 series cart, the wiring is pretty straight forward, plugs plug into MCOR, harness plugs into the plugs provided. Blue wire goes to the key switch, green and white wire goes the limit switch on your F&R switch. Purple goes to B- on your controller, black goes to number 2 on your controller, yellow goes to number 3 on your controller.
Fairclothdevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:57 PM   #4
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
It looks like it only hooks up one way. When I replaced the pedal assembly in my '07 Precedent, it had the triangle and square plug going directly into the MCOR. Your MCOR looks like it uses different plugs, so it has an adapter to go into the OEM style grey plugs.That harness looks to just blade connect into the main harness in your second picture. Am I missing something else? I know I have the IQ of a can of paint.
There is not a stitch of old wiring anywhere to be found on the cart and I had hoped that this was gonna be plug and play (it pretty much has with the exception of this) which is what has me stumped.

While I have read enough of your posts and question your IQ, now you know how I feel!!
Old 11-19-2020, 09:58 PM   #5
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairclothdevin View Post
To begin, if you call Dave at the number he provided on his website during normal business hours he will answer any installation questions you have. His customer service is fantastic.

I just installed the MCOR4 kit on my 84 series cart, the wiring is pretty straight forward, plugs plug into MCOR, harness plugs into the plugs provided. Blue wire goes to the key switch, green and white wire goes the limit switch on your F&R switch. Purple goes to B- on your controller, black goes to number 2 on your controller, yellow goes to number 3 on your controller.
I may try and catch Dave (he has been very helpful in the past, but I also know that he is busy, so I try to figure this out myself as much as possible). With the exception of this area the rest of this has gone smoothly
Old 11-20-2020, 07:04 AM   #6
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

OH! I thought there was some wiring still in there. May the Schwartz be with you.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:21 AM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

You've got wiring adapters there for several different versions of Club Car's. I'm personally not a big fan of adapters into adapters into adapters. I understand your picture #2 is the wiring currently hanging under your cart. If it were me I would use the adapter in your pic #3, cut off the grey ends, then splice and heat shrink your existing cart wiring into what's left of that adapter in pic #3. Those remaining plugs are what fits you new MCOR and the wire colors will match: the 2 wire plug with blue & green (for the switch) and the yellow, white & purple (for the potentiometer).
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:32 AM   #8
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am not an adapter fan either; just seems like another source for a problem down the road. My guess is that the new harness has some CYA stuff so that it covers the range of options, but I was pretty specific on what I was doing and what I needed when I ordered so I was hoping to avoid this type of confusion.

Does anyone know of an adapter that would make this transition without me splicing myself? I know that the MCOR end is standard and that my crazy push connectors are not normal, but I gotta think I am not the only one who has made this conversion, so I am hopeful that maybe there is an adapter set already made up.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:05 AM   #9
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

My guess is that your spade and bullet connectors were not part of a "stock" wiring harness, so you probably won't find a ready made adapter kit that will plug right in as it comes. You could put spade & bullet connectors onto the adapter in your pic #3 - in place of the grey connectors. They could plug right in then, but would have more potential for contamination and corrosion than my suggestion of splice and heat shrink. Whatever you do you need to end up with the connectors with the yellow weather seals as those are the ones that plug into your MCOR. Pic #5 is an adapter from the early black "pot box" harness to an early MCOR. Your pic#3 is the adapter from that early MCOR harness to your more modern version of the MCOR.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
My guess is that your spade and bullet connectors were not part of a "stock" wiring harness, so you probably won't find a ready made adapter kit that will plug right in as it comes. You could put spade & bullet connectors onto the adapter in your pic #3 - in place of the grey connectors. They could plug right in then, but would have more potential for contamination and corrosion than my suggestion of splice and heat shrink. Whatever you do you need to end up with the connectors with the yellow weather seals as those are the ones that plug into your MCOR. Pic #5 is an adapter from the early black "pot box" harness to an early MCOR. Your pic#3 is the adapter from that early MCOR harness to your more modern version of the MCOR.
+1

Make sure your purple harness wire does go to B- or a negative source as some early club cars with pot box used the high and low wire colors opposite of current models.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car