lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2020, 01:04 PM   #1
kurtbelyeu
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Lithium RXV

Hi guys.. helping a friend with his RXV.

The RXV won't release the brake when the key is turned on or when it is put into Tow. It will release the brake when we use the override method of changing the plugs around near the controller which I believe basically supplies voltage directly to the brake.

He replaced the brake with a new one and has since called me.

FYI I can't seem to find the molex run plug. The hole is there but I can't seem to find any wiring bypassed under the dash (this was a fleet cart golf course).

Any suggestions?
kurtbelyeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2020, 02:54 PM   #2
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium RXV

I've seen that same issue with both bad controllers but more typically issues with the solenoid. What sound does the solenoid make when he puts it in F?
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:56 PM   #3
kurtbelyeu
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Cooper View Post
I've seen that same issue with both bad controllers but more typically issues with the solenoid. What sound does the solenoid make when he puts it in F?
I know he has replaced the solenoid with a new one so probably not that.. i've been running through the rxv troubleshooting guide and it looks like brake switch is toasted (reading .6 ohm's). Also I'm seeing 4.99 volts into the position sensor but .002 (any position) out so its probably bad as well.

Thanks.
kurtbelyeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO