lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where do you talk about motors?

I just wanted to clarify some info on the Admiral motors.
The MOT-B1 is a 8 hp SERIES motor which makes good torque and fair speed.
The MOT-B4 is a SEPEX motor not for use in this cart.
B1 fits all modern Ezgo series carts 1987 to present
AMD 7126 is a 6 hp speed motor. Torque will increase because the stock motor is 2.5 hp but the big advantage of this motor is speed and too much big hills off the road may cause it to fail.

Note that speed and torque are a trade off in electric motor design and the cart must be outfitted for it's hardest day or it will fail that day.
I constantly hear I want the fastest cart in the neighborhood. And my wife wants to pull a float in the parade. Honestly the fastest cart in the neighborhood is not suitable to pull a float. So this cart needs to be built to pull the float and you get what speed you get with something like the very reasonably priced & robust Admiral B1.
Ideally this family would have 2 carts so everybody could have what they want.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2020, 11:21 AM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Scotty hit the nail on the head.....Grady, in my case....where I am at...its totally flat....and use my cart to run the neighborhood....when I do get off of pavemant....its STILL flat.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 11:56 AM   #13
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, that was what I figured, on the B4 vs the B1. Thanks guys!

You know... something you said really nails it on the head. I am going from a 2.5hp to a 8hp motor. Now, so long as I am not going to run out of amps to run all the fancy lights and the F/R dash electronic switching vs the txt Series switch, then it is a heck of a lot more solid than what I would have if I had been given a working "1996 txt" that was stock.

Okay, I think I have a path forward now. Will need to make sure I have all the small parts later to make it do what I want, but the major items are what will drive it all, so this should work out perfectly.

Thanks guys!

Russ
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:16 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Something else you mention that you do not have the controller heat sink. With the Alltrax you do not need a heat sink. Any mounting surface will work because the Alltrax Control has built in cooling towers and the 500 amp model has a built in cooling fan (optional for smaller models). So simply mount it to any solid surface and go
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:16 PM   #15
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, so... here is the thought: (still need to figure the cost but.. eh.. over time, it will be fine heh)

Alltrax SR48500
Admiral MOD-b1
Full 2G cable kit
SW202 reversing contactor kit (this will allow me to replace the clunky F/R Series, correct?)
MZJ400A Solenoid
6 Trojan T-875 8v Batteries.
Oh, will need a new Heatsink / controller mount.. mine is broken :P

What am I missing, besides some 215/40 12 wheels?;)

Anything I would want to do, should be able to be handled by that... anything else.. who cares .. lol

Russ
Old 12-17-2020, 12:20 PM   #16
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Something else you mention that you do not have the controller heat sink. With the Alltrax you do not need a heat sink. Any mounting surface will work because the Alltrax Control has built in cooling towers and the 500 amp model has a built in cooling fan (optional for smaller models). So simply mount it to any solid surface and go
Aaahh that is cool, excellent to know, thanks!
I will need a new 48v charger I assume. I have the 36v this one came with. Guess I can sell it or give it away or whatever.

R
Old 12-17-2020, 12:27 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyTX View Post
Lastly, I was looking at Trojan T-875, (6) batteries. Maybe I can add 2 more later and get longer life / run time?

If you add two more 8V batteries, you end up with a 64V battery pack and neither the SR controller or the MZJ400 solenoid will work with it and finding a charger for it will be next to impossible.

If you want longer range and lifespan, go to six T890 (190AH) or Ranger 160 (204AH) 8V batteries.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:33 PM   #18
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ahh ok, got it.. makes sense. Thanks! 6 is enough for me ;)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO