lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2021, 09:58 PM   #1
williewiskers
Not Yet Wild

Default 1991 G8EG (JF3) - would like a service manual

1991 G8EG
serial JF3-103***

Body retrofit to G14
Aluminum folding rear seat

Original 36v series motor, motor wiring, FNR switch

400a Allrax controller, running 48v, 6x 8v Crown CR-190 flooded batteries, 4ga battery wiring, Lester electric Summit 19a 48v battery charger

After getting this cart as clean and basically working at 36v I added the rear seat, installed 48v batteries and upgraded to the programmable controller. I am currently exploring my options for going with a more powerful motor with D&D Motor Systems. I want to delve into inspecting and servicing the brakes, transaxle and transmission but the only manuals apply to G2 or G9 carts.

The G2/G9 documentation indicates the only serviceable fluid is a "pool" of 90wt gear oil in the bottom of the transaxle and I fail to see from the diagram how that lubricates everything up through the transmission.

I would also like a source for replacement brushes for the existing 36v motor in the meantime. I suspect they've never been changed and I load the machine down profusely with people and hills. Though I plan to replace it eventually I would prefer not to destroy it.

Tyia
williewiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2021, 09:22 AM   #2
williewiskers
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1991 G8EG (JF3) - would like a service manual

No one knows anything?
Old 03-30-2021, 05:41 AM   #3
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by williewiskers View Post
The G2/G9 documentation indicates the only serviceable fluid is a "pool" of 90wt gear oil in the bottom of the transaxle and I fail to see from the diagram how that lubricates everything up through the transmission.
That is correct. The ring gear splashes oil up in to the transaxle.

Quote:
I would also like a source for replacement brushes for the existing 36v motor in the meantime. I suspect they've never been changed and I load the machine down profusely with people and hills. Though I plan to replace it eventually I would prefer not to destroy it.
The Yamaha brush part number is J14-81811-10-00. You will need 4 of them. They are discontinued from Yamaha. You may find a dealer that has some old stock. They are available on Ebay.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:00 PM   #4
williewiskers
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the brush part numbers. I assumed the 90wt gear oil lubricated the rest of the transaxle, but what is the fluid and service for the transmission above that?

****Update on your brush numbers*****

Its seems that number you gave is the STARTER brushes for a gas golf cart. My research since the OP yields that the GE electric drive motor brush part number is JG6-H1801-00-00 for serial numbers BEFORE JF3-400100
Old 03-30-2021, 07:04 PM   #5
williewiskers
Not Yet Wild

Its weird. The transaxle diagram for my exact model is shown with the motor flange reversed and a transmission attached with a motor flange now on the correct side but the page with the motor details shows it connecting directly to a transaxle on the correct side... Do I just have the transaxle and not the transmission between them?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha