lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2021, 08:49 AM   #21
BigShowJoe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2017 RXV - What is this cable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
It is possible someone tapped into the diagnostic port for a constant 15 volts but that won’t activate a 48 volt relay. The normal brake light relay from Ezgo I believe is 24 volts but I think can be turned up to 48. Activation wires should be red and purple under the cup holder. Other than that I haven’t a clue.

Do you have a pic of what factory wiring should look like under the cup holder? I can't make much sense of the wiring diagram I have seen. This cart also has factory USB ports that plug into a little module under there called "USB Electronics". My assumption is that is some kind of reducer to get the 5v for the USB ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BigShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2021, 09:01 AM   #22
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I do not but I think you have a lot under there that isn’t factory.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 09:04 AM   #23
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It doesn't look anything at all like the GPS devise I have in the drawer. Whole nuther animal, whatever it is.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 09:14 AM   #24
BigShowJoe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

FWIW, the grey cable that started all this is not and has not been connected at the molex end. So I don't know what would happen if it gets plugged into the diagnostic port. I suppose I need to look a little closer at what the other end (under cup holder) actually splices into in regards to the main harness. Also, there are no issues and nothing is wrong but I am the type that doesn't want anything there that isn't necessary. Big headbutt to the old phrase "if it aint broke, don't fix it."
Old 07-15-2021, 10:42 AM   #25
BigShowJoe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, maybe the final update here. Just talked to the shop that built the cart (Garrett's for those of you in SC). They confirmed that the wiring is in fact from an old GPS installation (probably similar to what sthreatt mentioned yesterday). The male molex gray cable under the seat plugs into the diagnostic port to get power for that GPS. That explains why it's unplugged and also not needed. All can be removed per the technician I spoke to.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO