lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2021, 08:26 PM   #1
MCPaul
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 RXV clicks but won’t go

I’m sure this has been asked & answered a million times but my search did not help. I have a 2011 RXV that has been working fine. Came to a stop, turned off the key & when I got back in it will not move in forward or reverse. I hear all the normal pre-check clicks with a slight bump as usual however when I press the pedal I don’t hear the usual click just as it starts to go. Flip switch to tow mode & key in N & it rolls freely. We did have a large thunderstorm earlier today that got the cart pretty wet. Any suggestions where to look??
MCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2021, 09:16 PM   #2
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2011 RXV clicks but won’t go

Check to see if the green led on the charge port is lit. If it is, the wiring harness may have gotten wet and the cart thinks the charger is plugged in. If that is the problem it will probably run when it dries out. Make sure the brake pedal and accelerator pedal are all the way back when you turn the key. I have had a bad solenoid cause my cart not to run. Everything seemed normal but the solenoid wasn't making good contact.
rngilliland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:19 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Stuff getting wet can cause problems. It may come around if it dries out.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 01:25 AM   #4
jon21588
Not Yet Wild

In my limited experience, if the controller thinks the charger is connected then it doesn't do anything when key is switched on.

Sounds like something is failing the startup test or the throttle switch is bad. Just went through this with a 2011 RXV.

Sometimes it is hard to hear, but the controller is probably disengaging the solenoid at the same time as the bump from the motor test. You can check voltage on the two large terminals on solenoid(meter negative on battery negative). If the controller has disconnected, the switched side will be 2 volts less than the other.
jon21588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO