lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2021, 05:13 PM   #1
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Replaced FnR and no go questions...

Hello all start by saying I am a club cart guy and helping my neighbor right now whos having issues with his TXT looks to be a 2000ish. He was getting a burning smell from FnR recently and just replaced it but now cant get cart to go. Based on wiring diagrams it looks to be hooked up correctly we have run through the solenoid circuit and initially it looked like there was problems with the charger lockout not providing power...if we take that wire straight to positive the solenoid works telling me all the microswitches work.

My first question...is that lock out a simple mechanical switch that disconnects power when the charger is hooked up? So for diagnostic purposes it could be bypassed?

My next question is how do I test the ITS? Can I put an ohm meter on here and verify it works ? I havent opened it up below the floor yet but have access to the balck and white wires, doesnt look like OHMs change but this is different than a pot box set up.

Once the microswitches are verfied and they are all working is the controller just looking for a throttle position? I am hoping he didnt do something during the change of FnR to fry a controller. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2021, 05:20 PM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Replaced FnR and no go questions...

I will add while talking he said he initiall got the horn ground spade connector and the key switch spade connector backwards. What would that fry?
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO