lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2021, 12:24 AM   #1
longrifle325
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Exclamation G16 36v to 48v AC

I have been a long time follower, first time post though. I have a G16 36v that has a bad controller, possible motor. I am looking to upgrade to AC using Navitas. The problem is they don't make a direct conversion and I have to first make the G16 48 volts and replace the oem wiring harness to a G29 harness to make the conversion.

I have tried to find the wiring harness online with no luck. I know I have to replace the F/R switch and the charger. I was thinking of going with MODZ 48v charger. Which F/R switch?

I currently have a 6" lift with 23x10x14 tires and wheels.

Does anyone have any recommendations for trying to squeeze two more 6v batteries inside? I don't really want to replace all 6 batteries for 8Volts since they are only 2 years old.

This is the kit I'm looking at. "Navitas TAC2 DC to AC conversion kit Yamaha G29 Drive YDRE"

I am looking to get this done over the winter so it's ready for the spring. Thanks!
longrifle325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2021, 07:50 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 36v to 48v AC

I'm not much help, but I know that adding 2 new batteries to 6 2yr old batteries is not a good idea.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 09:15 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
I'm not much help, but I know that adding 2 new batteries to 6 2yr old batteries is not a good idea.
I second that!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 06:06 PM   #4
longrifle325
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Dave in Va, what is the issue if the current batteries are in good condition and no dead cells?
Old 12-18-2021, 07:54 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Charging batteries in series only works well if all batteries are similar in capacity and condition.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 09:46 PM   #6
longrifle325
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok, so I’ve decided to just go with lithium 48v, like eco battery however I can’t find anywhere that has it. I figure I’m already putting a lot of money into it, might as well go big.
I still have to get a g29 harness to convert the g16 to 48v and then go with the navitas ac motor/controller kit for the g29. Unfortunately no dealer is responding to my emails. I want to get working on this now so it’s ready for the spring time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-27-2021, 05:36 AM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I can't really help, but throwing ~ 5000 $ in that old cart
You could contact site-sponsor Plowman's carts ( they know everything about Yamaha and they'll have all parts ).
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 11:21 AM   #8
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrifle325 View Post
Ok, so I’ve decided to just go with lithium 48v, like eco battery however I can’t find anywhere that has it. I figure I’m already putting a lot of money into it, might as well go big.
I still have to get a g29 harness to convert the g16 to 48v and then go with the navitas ac motor/controller kit for the g29. Unfortunately no dealer is responding to my emails. I want to get working on this now so it’s ready for the spring time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Contact Golf Carts Modified LLC directly. They can get you everything you need.

https://golfcartsmodified.com/
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha