lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2022, 04:23 PM   #1
beav1017
Not Yet Wild

Default where does the red wire connect????

i have a 2003 ezgo txt pds regen i think it is called. the f/r switch is on the dash and i have a tow run switch. where does the red wire from the charge port connect to. it is the red wire with male end in the photo.it is the white then red wire from the reed switch. it has battery voltage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0673 (2).jpg (160.7 KB, 0 views)
beav1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2022, 06:17 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: where does the red wire connect????

In a stock PDS, the small white wire coming out of the backside of the charge receptacle connects to the red wire that goes across the cart to the passenger side and connects to J1 Pin-4. (See schematic with solenoid activation circuit highlighted).

However, many people bypass the reed switch (which has a nasty habit of failing when you are out in the middle of nowhere) and that wire is unused.

Trace the wire on J1 Pin-4 and see where it goes. It need to be connected to a battery pack voltage source for cart to run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - Solenoid activation traced.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:00 PM   #3
beav1017
Not Yet Wild

it is a yellow wire that goes to the solenoid. i will check for voltage in the morning. thanks
Old 01-26-2022, 10:02 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by beav1017 View Post
it is a yellow wire that goes to the solenoid. i will check for voltage in the morning. thanks
You're looking at J1 Pin-7. Pin-4 is on the other side.

Here's a picture of a PDS controller with Pin-1 on all the jacks highlighted in red.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Jacks Pin-1 in red.jpg (58.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:01 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The wire in the picture will connect to a wire hanging out of the loom in front of the controller. Should be red with a white stripe.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:48 PM   #6
beav1017
Not Yet Wild

ok... found the red/white wire. it was hooked to battery and i hooked it up correctly. i still have no power to the yellow wire coming from 7 to the b+ small terminal on solenoid. also no power to posts 8 or 9. i do not have power to the key switch. could my controller be bad. i have double checked all the other wiring as per the diagrams i have found. 37 volt on batteries and 37 volts to the big b+ terminal. a shade tree cart mechanic here said it would be the controller..thanks for any help

Last edited by beav1017; 01-26-2022 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: correction
Old 01-26-2022, 04:18 PM   #7
Sideways
Gone Wild

Fully charge your batteries first.
Per Johnnieb's chart below (use only as a general reference) your battery pack is only 70% charged for a 36v system.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (42.1 KB, 0 views)
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO