lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2022, 02:15 PM   #1
Halter78
Not Yet Wild

Default 2018 rxv 48 volt

I recently purchased a 2018 RXV and have been having issue with the brake intermittently abruptly stopping the cart while driving. Brake also started smoking when descending down a fairly steep hill.
Any idea what could be the issue?
I have ordered a new motor brake kit and plan to swap it out next week.
Are the newer RXV's having the same braking issues as the older ones?
Halter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2022, 04:10 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2018 rxv 48 volt

First, my RXV is a '09 model and i didn't had any issues with the em brake during the last 5 yrs. The brake has a date code 2008, so i assume it's still the very first oem brake. Maybe i'm one of the lucky guys... When going downhill, the em brake shouldn't engage, as long as the brake pedal isn't pushed too far. All normal braking is done by the induction motor itself without the em brake.
When installing a new brake assembly, it's recommended to follow the existing instructions for correct alignment.
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 04:42 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The brake should only engage when you are at a complete stop. If it's engaging while driving, there is something very wrong. I fixed one RXV that had a bad solenoid that would sometimes drop out and cause the cart to slam on the brake.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:11 PM   #4
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's the brake install procedure. My brake was acting up at one time, no lock ups but wouldn't pass start up test at times. The bolts where loose, cart actually rolled from parked before I figured it out.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ke+replacement
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO