lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2022, 05:16 PM   #1
odiethe1st
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2003 48V Carryall lurches in fwd/reverse

Need some help on my 03 CC Carryall 48V, have been using the cart about 2 years around the house and with increasing frequency...the cart lurches abruptly in forward or reverse. Seems like the lower gear (or two) is skipped...reminds me of doing a "transmission drop" in a car.

Details: Stock Curtis 1204-410 controller and motor, cart is lifted with oversized tires. Batteries a few years old, holds a great charge.

History: Noticed the bushings for accelerator shaft were worn out (thought maybe the delayed response started there) and replaced. Issue subsided for a while and seemed to gain top end speed (12 mph to 17 mph) Once issue was constant, replaced the MCOR with an internet buy...issue was the same. Cursing cheap parts off the internet, then tried another from an 07 Carryall 48V cart I just bought. Same thing.

Summary: There have been 3 MCORs installed and the issue is identical, I've read (on this resourceful site) about components to replace for each speed range on older CC models...does this model cart have them? If so, how to check? What's next to troubleshoot?

Many thanks!
odiethe1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2022, 05:33 PM   #2
odiethe1st
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 48V Carryall lurches in fwd/reverse

To update: After sitting indoors for several days, the problem seems to have subsided. Low speed control is back, but now a worse problem...even with a fresh charge, the cart will only go a short distance (a few hundred feet around yard) before it acts like batteries are dead. Pack voltage was 51.8 volts after recharge & before the last attempt...still showed 50.4 volts when it died in the yard.
The batteries have plenty of water. Except for three battery connections that had some corrosion, the cables & ends looked fine.

Given the two problems, I'm leaning toward trying a rebuilt controller. Would love to hear some other thoughts before I spend that $300...whatcha got?
Old 10-30-2022, 08:16 PM   #3
odiethe1st
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 48V Carryall lurches in fwd/reverse

For closure and maybe help out someone having the same issues. Installed a rebuilt motor controller and issues are solved.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car