lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #21
morepower
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO workhorse ..good choice?

mikesmotortoys, you mentioned the leveling kit, could you please give some detail on that product - what it consist of - and price.
morepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #22
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's a kit we developed to raise the front end approx 1 1/4" to "level" out the cart and allow 23" wheels to be used. We've sold numerous kits to BGWers. $75.00...
Here's some pictures below. I switched to a new website and I don't know for sure if I have that item / page listed yet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LVLbeforemmt.jpg (174.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg LVLaftermmt.jpg (161.6 KB, 20 views)

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #23
Neal 97 250
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepower View Post
Need a complete seat and some 2" angle iron. Would like to retain all the bed mounting points and the electric lift so that the seat and bed could be interchanged. The front end picture above is there so someone can tell me how to fit some big meats under it. I see all the lift options on sponsor sites but not sure what I have or need to get a 23" (or so) on it. 20"s on it now! It is an 03", 3 bolts in the steering column and not sure if this is old or new steering - you guys can clear me up I hope. The drop axle appears to be factory as well as the 10" wheels. There are no modification to my knowledge.
If you decide to get rid of the electric lift I would love to have it. I just bought an '01 Workhorse that came with the electric lift but somebody removed it, switch and all.

Also if you decide to put a bigger lift on it I would be interested in the old parts you take off. Mine has no lift at all and I would like some. My front axle is straight, not like yours that is curved for the lift.

Do you have any pics of the rear and how it is lifted?

Basically if you remove something from that cart and want to get rid of it, please let me know. I may be interested.
Neal 97 250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #24
eparker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Let me know if you want to sell it. I'll double your money and give you a cold one.....
Eric
eparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:57 AM   #25
morepower
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I want to keep the dump bed. put a seat in it for the kids, but can remove with 4 hitch pins.

For the lift. Can I do a spring over in the front? That is, move the spring on top of the axle? or will the steering linkages hit the leaf? just a thought - that will get me a little more than 2 1/2 inches in the front.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0013.jpg (94.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 11-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #26
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepower View Post
I want to keep the dump bed. put a seat in it for the kids, but can remove with 4 hitch pins.

For the lift. Can I do a spring over in the front? That is, move the spring on top of the axle? or will the steering linkages hit the leaf? just a thought - that will get me a little more than 2 1/2 inches in the front.
You sure can move the springs to the top of the axle, all you need are bolts the right size. On ST models like yours I use the reciever plate between the axle and the springs (just flip it over) you can adjust it by tighten/loosen the bolts so there's no interference with the springs/tie rods. I've posted pics on how this is done here before but i'm not really sure where they're at.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:03 AM   #27
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
If you decide to get rid of the electric lift I would love to have it. I just bought an '01 Workhorse that came with the electric lift but somebody removed it, switch and all.

Also if you decide to put a bigger lift on it I would be interested in the old parts you take off. Mine has no lift at all and I would like some. My front axle is straight, not like yours that is curved for the lift.

Do you have any pics of the rear and how it is lifted?

Basically if you remove something from that cart and want to get rid of it, please let me know. I may be interested.
Neal, if you want a cheap actuator to make your dump electric, just go to the local bus junkyard and find one with an old wheelchair lift. They have three actuators in each of the old lifts..but there is one easily harvested from the "gate" portion. All it takes is a pair of needle nose to remove it.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:15 AM   #28
morepower
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ruredy, I have searched for your post that outlines this procedure with no luck. If you can find it or have a suggestion for search words let me know.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

On a standard txt we did this with some pipe and some extra spring mounting plates.... it looked like this. But it was more like 2 inches.... Hope this helps until JON finds his pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1054.jpg (90.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1057.jpg (61.6 KB, 11 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #30
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
On a standard txt we did this with some pipe and some extra spring mounting plates.... it looked like this. But it was more like 2 inches.... Hope this helps until JON finds his pics
Yes sir, no reason that won't work.. thanks scotty
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO