lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
hijacker
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 TXT Gas, Need More Power

My 2007 EZ-GO with the Robin EH292 9hp engine just doesn't have enough power. It has a Jake's 5" lift, 11" wheels, and 22" tires.

What mods can I do to get more power? Also, is there a muffler that will provide better noise reduction without robbing power?

Thanks for any help.
hijacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 TXT Gas, Need More Power

Well I can't tell you how many times I've seen this question here. You are in luck b/c the answers are also here at BGW. I guess it all really depends on how much you want spend and what you are actually lookin for. The 295 is what it is as scottyb has said and it aint never gonna peel out but, you can do some stuff for low end and high that are relatively cheap compared to say a big block conversion which is the max end of the mods. A shorter belt can give you better pulling and climbing ability as well as a 28 degree clutch kit. Both of these kinda get you the same outcome. Governor adjustment can give you speed. This is free if speed is what you want. High speed gears is also another option. From here, internal engine mods start. The drawback...moolah, moolah.. but, it works.. As you can see there are many possibilities so just let us know what it is you want and what kinda cash you were thinkin on spendin... Good luck
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

i fully agree with the above.

check the clutches and make sure they are working properly. Check drive belt. is it worn? are the cables moving properly without binding? how are the valve adjusted? what kind of plugs are installed? I have seen people use the cheapest plugs and it makes the eng run like crap/no power.

It is only 9 hp and it is no power house.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Nitrous.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Nitrous.
HA !!!HA !!!LOL. BETTER GET A CRASH HELMET!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

What do you want out of it, what the other guys said is true.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:57 AM   #7
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I've got a 98 similar to yours.. The 295, 22's on 10's and 6 in of lift. Havin had carts for some time I don't expect much out of these things but I have put shorter belts on all my carts to regain some pulling and take off power. Put simple, it was cheap and I got better hill power and I was satisfied...
Old 05-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #8
hijacker
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to all for the input. I guess I'll first try the shorter belt. The belt on mine is a Carlisle 3909-162. What belt should I use?

By the way, the belt is new as are many components. A golf cart dealer did the refurb and customization of this cart before I bought it.
hijacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO