lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #11
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear end whine

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
sounds like you have it narrowed down. since you already changed the input bearings, all that is left is the main carrier bearings and the intermediate ones. did you try spinning the axles when the input was out? i guess you could have some kind of strange wear on the input shaft gear tho. there is no way to set the lash on an electric cart. does this make a noise all of the time or only when on the ground (under load)
The whine is much louder on the ground than with the cart on jack stands. Also with the axle removed and spinning by hand it is very faint. I did notice some noise and was able to feel a slight vibration in the input gear area while spun by hand.

I should have thought to spin it with the input gear removed and see but I guess I was in a hurry to see if the bearings fixed it.

I really am not sure at this point if I should spend the money for a new input or just get a different rear?
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #12
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I decided to go ahead and order an input shaft. I will update once it has been installed and hopefully it fixes it.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #13
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Since your as far as you are, you could also try adapting something to a speed handle and the input shaft. Spinning via the input shaft with a quiet tool aka speed handle might get you closer? Just a thought.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #14
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
Since your as far as you are, you could also try adapting something to a speed handle and the input shaft. Spinning via the input shaft with a quiet tool aka speed handle might get you closer? Just a thought.
That's actually a pretty good idea......I may try that to narrow it down if the input shaft doesnt fix it. The input shaft is supposed to be in today so I will try to install it this weekend.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #15
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I got the input shaft installed and it made it about 75% better so apparently it was most of the problem but a slight whine is still there. It is enough better that I can live with it but I will keep looking for a fix. I wonder if the rest of the whine could be in the motor?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #16
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thought I would update this. New motor and I just got finished replacing all bearings in the rear end and the whine is still there so it is the gears.

I really am getting tired of throwing money at this. I'm not sure if I want to mess with replacing the gears or not. Might be time to look at a new complete axle although I will probably have to adapt it to the Marthon cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO