lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #21
whitelaw66
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Any Tomberlin Emerge Owners Out There

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94c4vette View Post
Hey darwinb, I just bought the emerge 48SS. Would you happen to have an electronic copy of those applicable laws you keep on hand in regards to using it on the street? I currently live in Chicago and moving to Virginia Beach in June of this year. Thanks!! Happy motoring!
FYI ...there is also Virginia Code 58.1-3506 & 46.2-100 ...it discusses the personal property tax class for LSVs.
whitelaw66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #22
whitelaw66
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinb View Post
Congrats!. Did you resolve your warranty questions? Re the covers, I got the kind that need to be installed (Not the kind that slip over the whole top). If you are not into "Fabrication" which I am not, have them install them. I also recommend you add snaps to the straps that hold down the sides. I have the snaps but haven't installed them yet because i don't run in the rain or below 50 degrees. I haven't actually used them yet but i keep the side covers on and rolled up. I will try to call you on Friday.
Darwin ...they delivered my LSV in January ...until the weather gets better I haven't used it much, but I love it. I shot the moon on accessories & options. I had them paint it Candy apple red, with heavy metal flakes and ghost flames. Went for the low profile wheels, custom 2-tone beige seats, and a radio/cd which I use for news, sports, and yes even music. I passed on the cover for now. I have some mobility issues so when I walk my rescue beagle the radio is nice to have.

Hope you are doing well ....thanks so much for all of your help during the acquisition process. The folks at Marks Carts are really special and super to deal with. Will keep in touch.
Best wishes, Whitey
Old 03-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #23
94c4vette
Not Yet Wild

Again for Darwinb, Can you tell me what you had to do to register your emerge? I want to ensure there are no issues when I try to register it there.

Just tried to register it in IL and they say no! Thanks.
94c4vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #24
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Hello 94c4vette and Welcome to the forum.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #25
whitelaw66
Not Yet Wild

94 ...I just registered my LSV in Feb09 ...it was "clickity click" ...at the DMV web site there is a vehicle registration form and there is a box to check for the LSV
...the form is online at "www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/citizen/vehicles/titling.asp" ...the form is VSA 17A ...it is a .pdf file ...you can print and complete it before you go to DMV. Hope this helps.
Whitelaw
Old 03-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #26
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94c4vette View Post

Just tried to register it in IL and they say no! Thanks.
Illinois won't register ANYTHING unusual. You cannot even use an ATV in this state unless it's on your own land.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #27
94c4vette
Not Yet Wild

ILLINOIS SUCKS!!! And now the Gov wants to raise taxes which will raise the prices of registration and plates? CRAZY!!!
Time to change my current vehicle registration to Virginia.
94c4vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #28
benten
Not Yet Wild

Purchased 08 48 SS in Nov. It was used, owner had it 3 weeks and 67 miles. Replaced 12 converter, 1 battery and 1 out of round tire the windshield wiper fixed it self. Tomberlin says warranty not transferable but got items fixed at no charge. Put over 1000 miles on it the more we run it the better it does.
benten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #29
mrdills2
Not Yet Wild

Zone

I bought a new 2010 Tomberlin E-2 last November and the dealer registered it at the store. I live in the Villages in Florida and we have to have PIP insurance on the carts if they are a LSV's, but we can drive on all roads that are 35 mph or less and thats always good. Has any one found a way to make the carts go a little faster? I would like to keep up with traffic going 35.
mrdills2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #30
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

I wrote these guys and they say they can bump up the speed. Keep us posted on what happens. Put it over on the Tomberlin side of the forum

http://www.empinc.biz/
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts