lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Sbaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Trouble starting after rebuild G1

During the winter I took the engine out to rePlace the crank seals and did the bearings while in there. I got everything back together but can't start. I can with starter fluid. I am getting fuel to the pump but can only get it to the carb by covering the intake with my hand and once removed it drops back. I took the pump apart again, see previous thread, and it's fine. I checked my hoses and replaced for good measure. The last hose still off is the line from the exhaust muffler to? I couldn't remember where it goes. I can't measure the compression but when I put my hand over the carb inlet it is quite strong so I assume the new seals did their job.

Yamarancher, if you read this thanks for the tips on the seals and bearings
Sbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Trouble starting after rebuild G1

The muffler line goes to the oil injection. Check your pulse line to the fuel pump. If you take the fuel line off the carb gas should gush out with each revolution on the starter. Also note when pulse pumps run dry its hard to prime them, they recommend you fill the tank full then the gas is above the pump so it does not have to prime.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Sbaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I may have it all wrong. The fuel pump has 3 openings. The one on the bottom is for the gas line from the tank the one on the top goes to the carb and the one from the center, facing the drivers side? The oil pump has 2 large and one small opening. The one facing back is from the oil tank. The small one goes in the carb and the one facing straight up? The hose from the exhaust? I probably sound like an idiot but to be honest, I can't recall
Old 05-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
Sbaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Finally got it running. The problem was the pulse line from the crankcase to the carb. Now that it's fixed it starts, runs, and idles. The crank seals I replaced over the winter made a world of difference. If you are considering doing this I strongly recommend it. Thanks for all the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha