lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #11
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 TXT PDS suspension questions.

Still haven't decided on springs. Am I correct in saying there are HD 3 and 4 springs? If I get the 4HD in the mid rise kit and don't like it, can you just remove one of the leafs to soften the ride? Is this a complicated process?

Anyone know if EZGO has black friday specials or another typical year end discount that I could take advantage of when purchasing this kit?
JGDUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGDUSC View Post
Still haven't decided on springs. Am I correct in saying there are HD 3 and 4 springs? If I get the 4HD in the mid rise kit and don't like it, can you just remove one of the leafs to soften the ride? Is this a complicated process?

Anyone know if EZGO has black friday specials or another typical year end discount that I could take advantage of when purchasing this kit?
You again ??

To the best of my knowledge, the 3 leaf are regular and the 4s are HD. I have never removed a leaf but I am sure it can be done. Someone may jump in here..

As for sales, they will do something but it will be like free shipping or 10% or so. Don't remember them doing much more than that..

I know your left rear spring is toast and you should replace both rears but are you sure your fronts are bad ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #13
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I may never go away! To much here and I am a research nut. Plus we have a cart at the beach that I obviously have severely neglected

Although I have to admit all the info here can make you a bit of hypochondriac.

No, not sure about the fronts. Just thought it was a good price for all you get in kit considering it has the rear shocks as well. Figured if I replace all of the rear and fixed the front shock, if cart lean was still a problem I could replace them as well. Thought I read in one of the threads a worn front leaf could cause as well.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yes a front leaf that is old and worn can cause it too lean but yours has a really bad left rear. I wish I had a 3 leaf you could try but I got nada. Thought I did but all I have is the 1 4 leaf.. Not sure what I did with the other one.. Maybe if you jacked it up in the center of the rear body, not axle, you could see if the front was leaning..

And yes, this place can be addicting.. You have 2 carts ? ha..beginner.. I'm happy I am down to 6 but I'm going to check out an ST480 Friday.. I just do what the voices in my toolbox tell me to do..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks again for checking. I usually just try to replace all I can if there is a question narrowing it downThe kit really seems like a good deal even if I don't do the front. But just weary of the stiffness. Won't be the worst benjamin I ever threw away if it don't work and can't figure out how to get apart.

Glad to hear I am not the only one that hears voices. Have a shop full of woodworking equipment being neglected and cabinets that need to be built cause of the screaming Was on a smoker/grill forum yesterday and almost succumb to the sweet sounds of a huge cooker.

Tags
leaf springs, shocks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO