lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default What happen to a local EZ-GO dealer????

Maybe nobody here will know.....but I just found this odd. This past fall I needed to buy new batteries. SO, I did the inter-woven-Al-Gore search and found this great shop north of Pittsburgh Pa. called Golf car supply. They had two locations. One north of the city (which is where I went) and one south in a small town called "Uniontown."

Now, there web site was http://www.golfcarsupply.net and if you click that link, as you will see, it will re-direct you to the "Home-Boy" office or web site of EZ-GO.

But....if you Google "Golf Cart Supply Uniontown" you will find a separate web site for their Uniontown "facility", http://golfcarsupplyuniontown.com however....the actual picture of the facility is the one that is located north of the city. And when you click the "See our full web site" link, it sends you to the EZ-GO site.

Now, I've tried to see what happen to this place. I can only assume it went bankrupt or something. But it seems ashamed as the people that were employed there were quite competent and very helpful. I thought I found a local place that I could count on....and then POOF!!! Gone in a heartbeat!!

But....I'm just fishing. Does anyone know what happen to these guys???

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
moterhead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What happen to a local EZ-GO dealer????

I drive close to the shop in New Castle on my way to work, I'll swing by on Monday to check up on them, but as far as I know, they are still in business.
moterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This economy is tough. I have 2 local Ezgo dealers..... 3 if I drive a little. But the one I like keeps telling me they are barely making it.... been hearing that for 2 or 3 yrs there now. I sure how things turn around for them.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by moterhead View Post
I drive close to the shop in New Castle on my way to work, I'll swing by on Monday to check up on them, but as far as I know, they are still in business.

Well Moterhead, all I can tell you is when I call the phone numbers, it just says "this number is out of service." That's it. Done. No "new number" to call or anything.

If you get a chance to zoom by 'em let me know.

Thanks.

Dave
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
moterhead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just drove past, and they still have a large amount of carts in the storage area, and some on display out front. The large "Golf Car Supply" sign was lit up. I go past there at 6:30 in the morning,so they weren't open yet, but it looks like business as usual. I'll check later in the day,and report in. I too can't get to their website.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by moterhead View Post
I'll check later in the day,and report in. I too can't get to their website.
Moterhead.....You OK out there? Did you run outta gas? Did your 'puter break? (That's almost as bad as your cart breaking)

I'm sure it's family or work matters that's keeping you from doing the really important things. But we just wanna know your OK.

Dave
Old 01-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
moterhead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Dave,sorry about the delay. (I was out of town) I went past there again and there was several cars there, although it was only 6:30 in the morning. I called and got redirected to EZGO. Did EZGO buy them? If I get over that way during regular hours, I'll stop and ask!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
moterhead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just called the New Castle, Pa. "Golf Car Supply", to order new springs, and it's business as usual. I asked about the redirecting web sites, to EZGO, he just told me "we are the Northeast EZGO shop", so the web site is correct to send us there. I'm a little confused, but, they are still in business and going strong. Their phone number is 724-658-1741
hope this helps!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Thanks Motorhead!! I'm glad that they are still around. They employed quite a few people and they had a competent staff. I'll put this number in my phone!!

Thank you for your effort!!

Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO