lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
greg9719
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: critique my plan

I wouldn't say I got a jump on ya. Mine will be progressing slower than I like due to having to remodel my house I just bought from my parents (original 1987 drwall/wallpaper and 25 yrs of smoking by my parents) and saving due to just finding out me and my significant other will be having our first child come November.

As for paint I'm thinking gloss black and doing a mossy oak shadow grass viynl wrap on the lower half. Kinda like flames but with grass....make sense? Im probably gonna try to snag a newer front end but leave the rear section.

I've been reading more and more and I plan on a winch eventually so I'm thinking now about putting an extra battery under the seat in the spare room on the driver side for that and running 8-6v with two being in the rear bagwell with a cover for asthetics since I will be adding a rear seat eventually.
greg9719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

I put a 12V in my storage too. Used it for my lights.

When I get the new controller and other things needed for my 42V upgrade Ill use the storage for that 6V battery instead

I though about the rear end for batteries but I am installing a rear box. It would make for a maintenance nightmare. Can you not get 6 8V instead? I thought I read where the weight difference is dramatic between 8-6V and 6-8V's. 6-8v's being better?

Let me know when u r up and running as I have some wobble in my front end and from the looks of things most of that has been serviced. I wonder if its just something our carts do?
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #13
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Congrats on the kid!!

Old 04-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #14
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

I noticed labatt50 has a winch. Ask him how he did it.
I am worried about a winch. weight,power draw for instance. But my property does not lend itself to needing one. (NO MUD! just sand) Thank goodness.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #15
greg9719
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have another question for you JohnnieB or ScottyB. With the FnR switch I have, will I need to upgrade it or replace it with another style? If you remember, I have the one by the leg with the diode. Im planning on ScottyB's #606DCS package in the near future if that matters.
greg9719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I don't believe HD F/R switches even exist for DCS and PDS carts.

The F/R switch in a DCS (and PDS) is a low current device that just tells the controller which way to send the current through the field windings, so it does not need to be upgraded when a larger ampacity controller is installed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO