lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
cartlover
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Club Car Roof Question

I recently purchased a 1990 Club Car gas Carryall 2 as a project. The cart currently has no roof. I want to install the newer style rounded roof. I found a used roof, but I am having a hard time finding a decent price on the front roof support (windshield frame). And Im not sure what rear struts I need. Here's the kicker...The seat lifts with the bed. How do you mount any rear struts and still dump the bed??? Did these carts not have an option to have a roof???
cartlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Roof Question

The rear roof struts mount to the back of the front seat supports on the regular DS carts. I'm pretty sure the 1990 Carryall was just a DS with a tough plastic bed on the back. I would think that the roof would mount the same way on the older Carryall as it would on the DS. It doesn't have an aluminum rear body on it does it? Post up some pics.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
Rastus
Not Yet Wild

the seats should be stationary mounted to the seat back and not the bed. the rear top supports mount the the metal plate behind the seats.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it's like the factory plastic bed on my '86 DS, the bed has a metal bracket from the bottom of the bed that goes to the regular seat mounting points and the seat backs mount to the upper part of the plastic bed. There is no strut connecting the two like on a regular golf cart.

My bed doesn't have the dump capability, but after looking at my cart it looks like you could make custom struts for the rear with flat plates that can be bolted to the body in front of the bed, bow out to clear the bed when raised, and bow back in to mount the top.

Hope this helps,
-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

if you have the carryall as you said where the seat platform lifts up with the bed. that would be an all aluminum body and bed?

I have never seen a roof on one of those. is the forward reverse selector on the side of the cart?

the front support i have only seen from a dealer or a used unit. they are hard to come by used. as for as rear supports; the only thing I can think is that ones would have to be fabricated that went around the dump bed and went down farther and attached directly to the main body unit under it
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
cartlover
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the great advise. It has the typical aluminum frame, but the bed and seat platform are composite. The seat bottom and bed lift as one assembly to gain access to the engine. The back rests are attached to the front of the bed. The foward/reverse lever is one the side. I have never seen a roof on one of these either. Just thought I might be missing something, or a trick I haven't seen yet. I'm thinking of using some sort of quick release pins where the struts attach to the roof and just remove it when I need to lift the bed. Still need to figure out how to use factory struts. Thanks guys!
cartlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
charliew13
Not Yet Wild

One way to do it is to go all the way to the bottom side rail and come up from there on the outside to get clearance from the bed and seats. It probably won't look too good.

Another might be to put a post in the center in front of the seat bottom on the floor up and support the roof there.
charliew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car