lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #31
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Duracell Procell vs

I Googled Continental and only found one 6 volt Continental. Mind you, this was not an exhaustive search, but the only one I found is 225 amp-hours:

http://www.continentalbattery.com/products/404
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #32
TreeBass
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Ask your dealer for the model number on the Continental, since they're cheaper. If they're 215 amp hours, they might be worth a gamble, unless someone chimes in and says they're crap.
great idea, he seems deadset to sell the trojans, thanks for the google, I saw that but didnt have the info. Waiting on a call back now
TreeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #33
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If he's a big dealer, this is prolly a non-issue, but check the dates on whatever you end up buying. If you save a couple of bucks, but buy batteries that have been sitting in his shop for six months, it may not be as good a bargain.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #34
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

FWIW,
If you do a Google search on batteries' specs, it's the 20 hour rating that most of us refer to.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #35
TreeBass
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks yurtle, he just opened the place not too long ago, but says he cant keep them in stock, so I need to call him a week in advance.

I may have to drop in on him this weekend, just to see what he's talking about. Trojan and continental are the only batteries he carries
TreeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #36
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you're not in a rush, ask what he can special order. We had a post a while back that said they could only special order a pallet, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also, you might look around nearby cities. It may be worth a 1 hour drive if you can either get a better battery or a better deal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO