lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2014, 11:30 PM   #11
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Delay in Acceleration

Reading threads such as this one can be right enlightening or it is Saturday night and nothing to do. But sometimes I wish there was a course I could attend on the workings of the CC I have. But then again I may as well head to the local tech college for all it may take. Maybe there is a book out there.....more than the owner's manual.
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #12
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
That could be the MCOR going into "Sleep Mode" and you have to press the pedal to wake it up.
Your right, this answer should qualify for some type of award.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #13
scott.cornish
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to all for the support ! In response to Sergio's post, I had the multimeter on the 2 small wires on the solenoid. This was per some info I found elsewhere. If that is not correct, please let me know !

I also pulled the 2 wire connector from the MCOR, and attempted to jumper accross those 2 wires on the harness, by inserting a wire from one, to the other small female openings in the plug. This did not do anything. No click at the soleniod, or anything else.

To confirm clean connections, I removed and installed both the 2 wire, and 3 wire connectors on the MCOR. I then tested the results. I can't say that it works perfectly now, but the delay seems much improved. Per the improvement, I may go completely through the wire harness, and unplug and reconnect as many connections as I can find.

I welcome any other suggestions as well !! THANKS !!!
scott.cornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:07 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Testing the 2 small terminals on the solenoid is not a conclusive test as you are left with 2 possible options.
1) No power from the MCOR switch.
2) OBC lockout not providing negative to the solenoid.

Put the red voltmeter probe on the positive side of the solenoid coil, the one the cathode (band) side of the diode is plugged to.
Put the black voltmeter probe on the pack negative.
With the key switch on, press the pedal, if the voltage goes to 48v every time, the problem is the OBC lockout.
You can run a jumper directly from the negative side of the solenoid coil to the pack negative and by-pass the OBC lockout. Just don't try to drive off when the charger is plugged in as you will be disabling that safety feature.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #15
scott.cornish
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Sergio, and let me say sorry upfront for these " inexperienced " clarification questions. Looking at my solenoid, there are 2 large wires attached to the top, with the 250ohm resistor between them, and two smaller spade connected wires on the front (these are the two I connected to on my original test). The RH side of those is marked positive. At witch point should I attach the red probe of my multimeter, and what exactly is the " pack negative " for the black probe connection ? THANKS again !
Old 01-19-2014, 09:13 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The pack negative is sometimes referred here as the -48v side of the battery pack.
That is the negative post of the first battery, it has a cable that goes from there thru the OBC into the controller B- connector.
Connect the red probe on the spade connector marked RH. If you have a positive and negative mark on your solenoid coil, then you have an internal diode on the solenoid.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #17
scott.cornish
Not Yet Wild

Ok. I think I did it correctly. I put the black probe on the terminal wire coming off the battery that goes to the controler. I then put the red probe on the positve spade connection on the solenoid. When I did this, before pressing the pedal, the multi meter showed a 26v that would flash from 26 back to zero continuously. Does that sound right ? I then pressed the pedal, and got no change to the readings. Does that narrow the problem down ?
Old 01-20-2014, 07:45 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had the wrong wiring diagram in mind... Can you verify that your wiring matches the posting #10 of the stickies:
2001-2004 IQ wiring diagram
If that is the case, the "positive" side of the solenoid is powered directly by the key switch.
Also, make sure the terminal on the solenoid marked "positive" is the one that the "light blue" wire is connected to.
If the above is correct, do the same voltage test but this time with the spade connector disconnected from the solenoid and the meter red probe connected to spade connector wire.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #19
scott.cornish
Not Yet Wild

The #10 posting wiring diagram is correct. I will perform the test, as per your instruction, as soon as I get home from work. I will post the results after that. THANKS !
Old 01-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #20
scott.cornish
Not Yet Wild

Got the test performed, per your instructions. I had the same results. What I see on the multimeter is puzzling to me ( set to voltage, correct ? ). As before, it continuously cycles between showing 26v, and then shows 0.L . Does this make any sense ? It did this before, and after I pressed the pedal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car