lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
Garman
Not Yet Wild

Default 48V Club Cart won't go

Hello, I'm new here and don't know that much about electric golf carts, so be patient. I bought a 48 V Club cart last year and it has worked fine. Lifted it and put on bigger wheels and tires, not too big though. Also installed a voltage reducer and lights and stereo, but I don't believe any of these are the problem.
I was trying to load it on my truck after a w/e of camping last w/e and half way up the ramp it just quit and rolled back down the ramp. When I tried charging it my charger wouldn't even go on and I thought it was bad until I read that the newwer chargers won't turn on if the voltage is too low. After I got it home I tried the charger again and thnis time it came on and charged it all night. The next day I checked the voltage on all 6 batteries and they tested between 8.38 and 8.42 Volts. I then checked them with a hydrometer and all cells tested high fair to good. I asssumed it was ok until I tried to use it and it still has issues. It acts like it wants to go, it rocks a little bit in forward and reverse but won't go and the battery light comes on for a while then goes out.
So my question is, can I test the motor or test the amperage of the batteries or is there something else I need to check.
Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreiciated, thanks.
Garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: 48V Club Cart won't go

Welcome to BGW!

You gave a lot of good info there, thanks for being informative. Can we have your serial # so we can determine year and drive system type? It's located just right of center right below the dash.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you ID the drive system from the flow chart below?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC Regen I or II.JPG (115.5 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:37 AM   #4
Garman
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys thanks for the interest in my problem. I had this same question posted on another golf cart forum for more then a week with not a single question or reply but had 46 viewings.
Turned out it was the battery after all. Right after posting this I brought it to a local shop and what the did was put a meter on it while hitting the gas peddal and the voltage dropped way down so I guess this would be a good test if you are having the same kind of problem.
My Golf cart is a DS model, 1999. I'll try to post a pic of it later, but I just thought I would let folks know that might be looking at forum sites to try to get info about thier problem that this is by far the best place to start. The other site I posted on gave me nothing in over a week. In one day on this site I had 2 good replies, thanks.
Garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car