lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
clarabee
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie..need help installing light kit

Help!!!!! I am trying to install a light kit on my 2005 club car precedent. It was suppose to be easy. I watched the videos and it looked easy. However I cannot find the 12 plug connector in the dash. There is just an existing 9 plug connector plugged in the dash already. The harness that came with the light kit wants you to plug into a 12 pin connector. Drilled holes in the rear and no rear light connectors to be found. My cart has 6 8volt batteries and the tow switch is on the back wall. Every other picture or video for my cart has 4 12 volt batteries and the tow switch is on a back box mounted between the batteries.

Please help.
clarabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: Newbie..need help installing light kit

The tow/run switch is not on the back wall on 05 precedents. Double check the year.
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
clarabee
Not Yet Wild

What is the best way to verify the year. What year did the tow switch start on the back wall.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Post your serial number, it should be near the passenger's foot location.
I think 2008.5 is when both the tow/run switch moved and they stopped putting the rear harness in the precedents from factory.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:42 AM   #5
clarabee
Not Yet Wild

I think it could be a 2008 as well. The golf cart is at the cottage. So i will post the serial # soon. The weird thing is that I cannot find the 12 pin connector in the front as well. The golf course where i bought it said they never removed anything our modified it.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:27 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 12 pin connector is part of the bucket harness which was only factory installed until 2008. You just need to buy the precedent bucket harness, it should be around $30. Check with a site sponsor.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
clarabee
Not Yet Wild

OK Folks. so I have obtained the serial # it is:
PQ0535-543374.

And the tow switch is on the back firewall. the cart is equipped with 6 - 8 volt trojan batteries. Could anybody please explain.

Is this not an 05 club car precedent.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #8
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

The tale of the serial number says you've got a 2005 model IQ Precedent which was produced in the 35th work week of the production year.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:04 AM   #9
clarabee
Not Yet Wild

IF it is a 2005 precedent. Could anyone explain why there is no existing light harness and why the tow switch is on the back wall. It is a mystery to everyone I spoke too.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:08 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The harness should have been there, it comes out under the dashboard on the passenger side of the cart. If you cannot find a harness coming out of that corner, then someone must have removed it.

You may also want to consider a voltage reducer. If you are not comfortable or prefer not to have to deal with splicing it into the harness, some vendors sell the reducers with a small 2 - 12pin harness that makes it a plug and play with the bucket harness.

Edit: Is the serial # sticker located vertically under the cup holder or horizontally inside the dash board area?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car