lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #1
Lydiacrowe
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 Gas EZGO PLEASE HELP

Ok, I have a 1998 Gas Ezgo hasn't ever ran right, my husband tried fixing it several times and got frustrated with it. It has been sitting for a few years now and I want to fix it. I wasn't getting any power at first, so I replaced the battery, solenoid... wasn't getting any spark, so (thanks to this site) I also did the HEI upgrade, new coil, spark plugs and wires. I have cleaned the carb twice, its getting fuel. I have power, I have spark, I have fuel. When you push the pedal it will run, but it will not move until you pull the choke all the way out. Even then it runs sluggish. I have since noticed that the governor had been modified, when I tried to adjust it, i broke it. So I have a new one ordered. I thought it might be an air flow problem because the little port where the fuel pump plugs into the tank was loose, so I fixed that. What could my problem be? I noticed that the ground on the starter is just hanging there... my husband said thats not important... is it? Is it the governor? the governor has something to do with the carb & choke and all of that right? I'm totally lost, my husband thinks I can't do it and I want to fix this thing.. please help!
Lydiacrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1998 Gas EZGO PLEASE HELP

Welcome to the site Lydia,I answered your post last night and as I was hitting the submit button my internet went down and then two min later my lights did too. I was from 8:35 last night to 4:45 this afternoon without and just now getting back to you. Sorry this isn't as thought out as the last one I did for you. Yes put the ground on. Yes you need the gov they are both pretty important to the proper running of the cart. Also check the air vent going to the carb it may be plugged or part way plugged keeping it from running at its best. Also this sounds out in left Field but the EZ-GO's are real finicky about valve adjustment. There is a sticky in this section at the top of the page I'm sure about how to adjust the valves if not holler back at me and I'll walk you through this. I have no doubt that you can do this and I you can knock this out sometime soon. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO