lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
Mcurry1215
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2004 DS Very Low Power

I have a 2004 DS s/n AA0409 48V cart. I replace all batteries and solenoid about a month ago. Yesterday me and my daughter decided to take a little ride and it ran good for about a mile then all of a sudden the cart came to a crawl. now most of the time the cart just barley crawls but if you hold the pedal it will get to normal speed for a few secs the return to barely a crawl. Need help as to what could possibly be the problem.

Thanks
Mcurry1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
Mcurry1215
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2004 DS Very Low Power

any ideas???
Mcurry1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
jroeiii
Getting Wild
Club Car

If it is sporadically occurring it sounds like the speed control -- MCOR unit as opposed to the motor itself.

DIAGRAM HERE -- #1 http://www.golfcartpartsdirect.com/Category/250

Look under the passenger side frame rail facing out and see if you see a black box about 4" x 3" in size with two sets of wires running to it.

Should be a way to test it and see the OHMS output and determine if it's correctly sending the right values to the controller unit itself.
jroeiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Have you checked the batteries. The voltage needs to be above 50. Volts check all the cables make sure they are clean and tight. Start from there.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car